How many balls???

RNG

Reaction score
Handicap
Just for fun I thought about how many golf balls I would take to play a round of golf under different conditions??

1. My home course - typically 2 at the most
2. Resort Course - 4-6
3. Competition - 5-7 Match play can be treacherous!

How about you?????

My number could be as low as 1 on all of them, or as high as 10. I think the most I've ever realistically lost recently though was around 6-8 when we played at Waldorf in Orlando a few years ago for the THP/Cobra LIITA event.

I always have 3 sleeves in my bag. On courses I am familiar with I really expect to use only 2 balls. On any course I am unfamiliar with, I expect to be into a 2nd sleeve of balls.

I'm usually good with a sleeve of balls per round and having anywhere from all 3 or 1 left after 18. It's a rare occurrence that i lose more than 3 during a round.

18 holes? I always make sure I have at least a dozen, never know what can happen.

I usually keep a dozen in my bag at all times. I usually maybe only use a sleeve but I have had those rounds where I go through 5 balls. Rare, but it happens

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I usually keep about 5-6 sleeves in my bag just incase. Then a pocket full of shaggers that I find along the way. Never know when you'll need more balls to finish a particularly bad round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on my game that day. On my home course it is generally 1 but could be 4 if I am hitting it a little wild. Most courses I would say 2 since I don't generally hit into a lot of trouble. Most lost balls come from a bad break like a bounce off a cart path

I normally have 2 sleeves, but I don't expect to use them all. I recently got 31 holes out of a ball before somehow losing it on a bad bounce.

I usually have a dozen in my bag but typically lose 1-3 a round.

I normally have 2 sleeves, but I don't expect to use them all. I recently got 31 holes out of a ball before somehow losing it on a bad bounce.

Bad break

I keep a crap ton in my bag 'just in case', but usually it' just 1 or 2.

I've gotta have at least a dozen under any scenario. On a good day I'll use a sleeve or less. On a bad day the dozen might not be enough.

When I travel to new courses I always take extra balls incase. I lost a full dozen at a course in Dominican Republic and had to deal with a shady guy raking and cleaning to buy balls.

Always have at least a dozen on me when playing. My goal is for that to change this year, but we'll see how that goes!

Never hurts to have extra. You don't have to lose them all, but you can't add them while you're out there if you can't find them

I've lost 14 in a single round before. Then again if your ain't perfect off the tee on this course your screwed
32f223204b1246cf8b4162125735377c.jpg

Useally I have two sleeves when i play normal courses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bad break

Off a mound into a leafy area. Had no chance to find it. I was bummed.

Off a mound into a leafy area. Had no chance to find it. I was bummed.

After that many holes you acquire a bit of a relationship with that ball and it's painful to see it finally go!

My golf ball buying habit hasn't adjusted to my improved game. I give more away than I lose anymore...

Of course I still keep a dozen or more in my bag. As soon as I don't I'll lose 4 in 3 holes and be in a panic until the turn.

I usually take 6 with me. If I lose all 6 I'm packing it in for the day.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Usually 3 balls when I play my home course and a couple of sleeves when I go anywhere else to play.

I normally carry 1 sleeve of new balls but always have a load of old balls in the bag just in case, I think the most I've lost in one round is 8!

Have managed to get 2 rounds in with 1 ball before.

I usually have a dozen or so in the bag for a round but usually go through less than a sleeve.....unless it's a bad round. I'm not positive but think I've lost around 6 before in a round.

Back