How many birdies do you want to make in 2021?

MattyD-MPLS

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Set a goal for yourself, post it here and keep track. Maybe it is a number or that you want to birdie every hole on the course.

I am going to try to make 100 birdies and birdie every hole.

I’d be happy with 1 after last year

I would like a minimum of 2 per round, however many rounds that may be.

36. All of them in December.

Minimum of once per round seems like a fair challenge.

At least one per round.

I’ve not been counting, but I hope to have 211 more rounds this year, so I’ll say 225 to be overly ambitious.

This is my boring golf goal year. Fairways, greens, two putts. Lots of pars. Love pars. But, birdies. I would like to average two per round. For whatever reason it is fairly easy for me to bump up swing speed. If I can keep the bugger square, par 5’s will yield to my will! 👍 Beyond that I have to start making putts to keep a birdie train going. Sigh. We shall see.

Per round - 1 birdie and no doubles is indicative of a good scoring round for me.

One a round will keep me happy. That will get me to 100 or so. Having multiple in some rounds is great though.

I'd like to be able to birdie every hole at my home course. There are a few that have my number and I can't remember the last time I've birdied them...

No Eagles? 😂

I like to leave something for a surprise. 😊

Hmmm, real answer? One birdie average a round over the course of 50ish rounds . So let's say 60 birdies? Also like to jump my eagle count from 4 last year to 5 this year.

I don't have very high standards when it comes to expectations of my golf or abilities... so I'll say I'll be happy with a chance at birdie every round. So that's 4 opportunities each round.:D

More than last year? I'm currently well on that pace because I've been playing a lot more than when I lived in Nebraska this time last year. :)

Easy.

4 a round is always my goal. There’ll be a par five or two that I will and I’ll hit a couple good shots otherwise.

I’ve had zero and I’ve had 9. 4 is a good goal and if I avoid shatting the bed, should put me in the par range.

I’ll probably play 25 rounds this year so that’ll be 100 total (keeping the maf easy).

I'd like to make 150...thats super ambitious... Then again, not if it takes 400 rounds... Wait... What?

I'd like to make 150...thats super ambitious... Then again, not if it takes 400 rounds... Wait... What?

Lol!

I’ve seen you on the live update. You get enough looks it won’t take you that long.

They use to come often...now about 1 a round...100 rounds...let's shoot for 150.

I'll shoot for 150 for the year, that should average out to somewhere around one birdie per round. So far I have 32 birdies in 30 rounds played, so I'm off to a good start.

[EDIT:] As an additional goal, I'd like to birdie every hole on my home course at least once this year. I have 12 of the 18 so far.

Last edited:
I am always looking to have a birdie per round.

Back