How many birdies do you want to make in 2021?

39 in 37 rounds, still on schedule.

2021 goal is to average a birdie per round at each course I play and also to card multiple eagles
Update: 1st EAGLE last time out (courses listed in order I first play them in 2021 - still just one failed course to date)
----
Silo Ridge CC MO / 2 rounds / 2 birds / 1 eagle
Cardinal Creek IL / 1 round / 0 birds :(
Island Green MO / 1 round / 2 birds
Bill & Payne Stewart MO / 2 rounds / 2 birds
Rivercut MO / 6 rounds / 7 birds
Hidden Valley MO / 2 rounds / 3 birds
Horton Smith MO / 1 round / 1 bird
Millwood CC MO / 1 round / 3 birds
----
16 rounds / 20 birds / 1 eagle / at least one birdie in 13 rounds

If I can average one every other round I will be thrilled. Figure that cutting triples to less than one a round and I’m well on my way to high 80s and low 90s. Right now that lack of a birdie and two triples is causing 95/96 averages.

One birdie every other round is my realistic goal. Also would like an Eagle. Had 5-6 chances at eagle last season (2-3 pretty reasonable looks) and did not convert any. (n)

40 in 38 rounds, keeping up!

It's all dependent on the number of rounds I get to play. I'll be conservative & just say I'd like to get 2 birds a round .... one at least on both 9's. But I'll take more & won't complain. (y)

I have 10/100 through four rounds. Three of those are chip ins. I need to start hitting more damn greens lol

The first round of the year and I had 4. Off to hot start. I figured I would play about 40 rounds and 2.5 birdies would be a good average.

2021 goal is to average a birdie per round at each course I play and also to card multiple eagles
*Updates: Fell behind pace at a second course since last entry :( (courses listed in order I first played them in 2021)
----
Cardinal Creek IL / 1 round / 0 birds:(
*Island Green MO / 2 rounds / 5 birds
*Bill & Payne Stewart MO / 3 rounds / 2 birds:(
*Whispering Oaks CC MO / 1 round / 1 bird
----
19 rounds / 24 birds / 1 eagle / at least one birdie in 15 rounds

How many do I want?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Not like to get very many if my game doesn't improve though. :eek:

*Updates: Fell behind pace at a second course since last entry :( (courses listed in order I first played them in 2021)
----
Cardinal Creek IL / 1 round / 0 birds:(
*Island Green MO / 2 rounds / 5 birds
*Bill & Payne Stewart MO / 3 rounds / 2 birds:(
*Whispering Oaks CC MO / 1 round / 1 bird
----
19 rounds / 24 birds / 1 eagle / at least one birdie in 15 rounds
You are putting in so serious work! Keep it up!

This number of birdies game is without merit and you tempt the golf gods to come for you.

You improve your game, you play more frequently, and let the birdies come to you.

About 90 birdies and about 6 eagles. I track my stats and make birdie 7% of the time and eagle about 0.5% of the time. I’ll play about 70 rounds 😊.

This number of birdies game is without merit and you tempt the golf gods to come for you.

You improve your game, you play more frequently, and let the birdies come to you.
But you're too late. Thanks to this we all have goals now. Can't just set them aside. Must achieve!!

One per round would be alright with me. Going through some scorecards from last year (around 50) I scored par or better only 20% of the time. Bogey or worse 80% or the time :(

Instead of calculating how many birdies I want to make I would concentrate more on reducing the big numbers like doubles+
Agree with this. I track a lot of stat's about my game and for me, the % double bogeys and % worse than double bogey are pretty much the ones I place the most emphasis on. It'd be nice to make lots of birdies and eagles but I'm more concerned about how good my worst is than how good my best is.

My best is booming a drive down the middle, hitting the par 5 in 2 and draining the putt for eagle. But that's not useful information is it :ROFLMAO:.

Three birdies and a HIO today take me to 44 in 40 rounds.

Instead of calculating how many birdies I want to make I would concentrate more on reducing the big numbers like doubles+

I like your thinking on this. My dad always told me when I was a junior, "A bogey can be made up with a birdie, a double can't". It engrained in me to do everything I could to avoid those. Damage control.

I'm going to settle for one. That's it. Not going to get greedy, just one. :rockon:

Back