How many birdies do you want to make in 2021?

14/100 through six rounds this year

Three more birdies today takes me to 47 in 41 rounds, staying slightly ahead of the curve.

A third of the way there in just under 3 months. Built a bit of a cushion this month towards the goal. Hope I don't need it, but might be good to have.

Assuming 70 rounds I'll set my number at 35. Seems high but that's the point of a goal right?
5 rounds in and I'm still sitting on 0. It's been a rough start to the season, but my last round showed signs of improvement.

5 rounds in and I'm still sitting on 0. It's been a rough start to the season, but my last round showed signs of improvement.
No worries, birdies are a rare bird for mid- handicap golfers (12-16) and above. Averaging between 0.5 and 0.8 birdies per round is about what that hdcp level should be getting.

No worries, birdies are a rare bird for mid- handicap golfers (12-16) and above. Averaging between 0.5 and 0.8 birdies per round is about what that hdcp level should be getting.
For sure. They'll come eventually

Two more today, 49 birdies in 42 rounds. I've birdied 14 of the 18 holes on my home course so far this year.

Last edited:
Two more today, 49 birdies in 42 rounds. I've birdied 14 of the 18 holes on my home course so far this year.
2 WOW's to this post o_O
1st, that you've already played 42 rounds this year
2nd, that you're making so many birdies as a 15 handicap (over 1.1 per round)

I'd like to make at least 1 birdie per round. So far in the 4 rounds I have played I have done that. So off to a good start.

0/100 six rounds into 2021.......

id like to just have 1/1 at this point lol

I'm targeting one birdie per round. There are a couple of Par 4's that I can see scoring well on. One of the Par 3's as well.

Played 9 holes in some heavy winds but was able to make 2 birdies.

7/100 - 2 rounds in.

I don’t even know where to set a goal for myself. I guess realistically I’d like to have at least 1 per round but that wasn’t the case last year. Although this year I’ve have 3 in two rounds, so maybe it will be achievable .

Played 9 holes in some heavy winds but was able to make 2 birdies.

7/100 - 2 rounds in.
That's a heck of a showing in those winds. Been working on the knock down shots?

That's a heck of a showing in those winds. Been working on the knock down shots?
I was trying but nothing really worked with approach shots. Made a 60 footer from off the green!

I was trying but nothing really worked with approach shots. Made a 60 footer from off the green!
That's golf man. The good thing is you kept your head in it. Easy to lose that in those winds.

2021 goal is to average a birdie per round at each course I play and also to card multiple eagles
*Update (courses listed in order I first played them in 2021)
----
Silo Ridge CC MO / 2 rounds / 2 birds / 1 eagle
Cardinal Creek IL / 1 round / 0 birds :(
Island Green MO / 2 rounds / 5 birds
Bill & Payne Stewart MO / 3 rounds / 2 birds :(
*Rivercut MO / 7 rounds / 7 birds
Hidden Valley MO / 2 rounds / 3 birds
Horton Smith MO / 1 round / 1 bird
Millwood CC MO / 1 round / 3 birds
Whispering Oaks CC MO / 1 round / 1 bird
*Windmill Ridge MO / 1 round / 1 bird
----
21 rounds / 25 birds / 1 eagle / at least one birdie in 16 rounds

Last edited:
Average 2 per round

Three birdies today takes me to 52 birdies in 43 rounds.

Just one today, 53 birdies in 44 rounds.

Back