How many birdies do you want to make in 2021?

Back to back rounds with a bird!

Total - 2

two rounds in a row without :( going to have to pick up the pace

I went through GHIN to look at my rounds. I added up 23 birdies. There were 3-4 rounds that showed no stats that I'm guessing were entered by the club from tournaments. Also probably a couple that were best ball or combined score for one 9 or 6 holes. Guessing with those I'm probably right around 30 birdies so far and getting ready for the golf season to pick up!

If I can get at least 1 every round, I'd be a happy man.

On birdie making, my last round was a big zero disappointment. I was close on a few, but no cigar. I hammered driver (didn't miss a single tee shot) and over and over had short wedges into greens. But my wedge play sucked (mostly long). I also didn't hit any par 5's in two but in all cases was close and had little pitches and chips for my 3rd shot that I either hit chunky short or thinned long. My touch was non-existent, and without rolling in a long putt, it was a day of pars. Spent a long practice session yesterday with wedges and chipping. That's where I need to keep putting the work right now. And putting, but that part is always a work in progress. More often than not, wedges have been a strength. This year, not so much.

2021 goal was to average a birdie per round at each course I play and also to card multiple eagles. I'm already behind pace at 3 courses:(
Courses listed in order I first played them in 2021
* Updates
----
Silo Ridge CC MO / 3 rounds / 3 birds / 1 eagle
Cardinal Creek IL / 1 round / 0 birds :(
Island Green MO / 2 rounds / 5 birds
Bill & Payne Stewart MO / 5 rounds / 6 birds
Rivercut MO / 8 rounds / 7 birds :(
Hidden Valley MO / 2 rounds / 3 birds
Horton Smith MO / 1 round / 1 bird
* Millwood CC MO / 2 rounds / 5 birds
Whispering Oaks CC MO / 2 rounds / 1 bird :(
Windmill Ridge MO / 1 round / 1 bird
Payne's Valley MO / 1 round / 1 bird
* Branson Hills MO / 2 rounds / 2 birds
----
30 rounds / 35 birds / 1 eagle / at least one birdie in 23 rounds

My plan, gosh dang U.S. Customs-DHL willing, is to shoot for the 50% goal mark on Wednesday with new clubs. I'm 3 shy after today.

My plan, gosh dang U.S. Customs-DHL willing, is to shoot for the 50% goal mark on Wednesday with new clubs. I'm 3 shy after today.
I'm 9 shy of the 50% mark, will hopefully hit it by the end of this month.

What new clubs are you getting?

I'm 9 shy of the 50% mark, will hopefully hit it by the end of this month.

What new clubs are you getting?
Nice! We're ahead of the pace!

I've been waiting for my Apex TCB's for a couple months.

How many birdies do I want to make in 2021? Lol, every hole.
Reality, avg 1/rd would be nice. Two rounds ago I had 2, last round had "0". So I guess that's about my avg, 1/rd. I had about 6 legitimate opportunities, but missed them all.

I'm curious to know the GIR% of those with handicaps between 10-19 that are getting about 1 birdie per round or better. I'm guessing 50% or better GIR must be the number. :confused2:
This questioned piqued my curiosity. I looked up my stats and I averaged 1.24 birdies per round and hit 50% GIR's in 2020.

well after two rounds with zero that really hurt the confidence, I got one tonight so I'm at 18 through 9.5 rounds. Gotta play better to get to 100 by season's end

I hit the halfway point during this round. :) Kinda happy about that.

1 today, 67 in 55 rounds.

3 birdies today makes 70 in 56 rounds.

3 birdies today makes 70 in 56 rounds.
These numbers are amazing to me. You're making 1.25 birdies per round as a 12 hdcp? That's insane; what is the key to your success? Are you playing short courses with a bunch of 275-300 yd par 4's and 400-450 yd par 5's?
Whatever it is you're on 🔥

1 today makes it 71 in 57 rounds.

These numbers are amazing to me. You're making 1.25 birdies per round as a 12 hdcp? That's insane; what is the key to your success? Are you playing short courses with a bunch of 275-300 yd par 4's and 400-450 yd par 5's?
Whatever it is you're on 🔥
The tees we play from on my home course are around 5750, and the two holes I birdie most often are short par 5s (437 and 435). But I've birdied 14 of the 18 holes on the course so far this year, including a 400 yard par 4, par 5s of 485 and 529 yards, and a par 3 of 160 yards. The rating is 66.7/114 from those tees, so it's not a terribly difficult course.

The tees we play from on my home course are around 5750, and the two holes I birdie most often are short par 5s (437 and 435)
Bingo Bango Bongo
Mostly 2 putt birdies on those 2 holes?

I played 18 holes and made 2 birdies.

13 total for 5 rounds.

Yep. On in two and two putt is my usual MO when I birdie them.
Seems like you should be playing those 2 holes as par 4's regardless of what the scorecard says they are. Their distance says they are par 4's and the regularity you make 4 on them says they are par 4's. For me i'd feel more sense of accomplishment by making a par 4 on a 435 yd hole than making a birdie 4 on a 435 yd hole - by a wide margin.
Then again it's none of my GD business so enjoy your golf and ☮

Back