How many birdies do you want to make in 2021?

2 birdies today, 73 in 58 rounds. Also checked one hole off the scorecard I hadn't gotten yet this year, 3 left to birdie all 18.

Last edited:
2021 goal was to average a birdie per round at each course I play and also to card multiple eagles. A 3 birdie round at Rivercut last week flipped it from red to black but I'm still behind pace at two other courses. I probably bit off more than I can chew when I set the goal but I'm going to stay after it and see how close I come.
Courses listed in order I first played them in 2021
* Updates
----
Silo Ridge CC MO / 3 rounds / 3 birds / 1 eagle
Cardinal Creek IL / 1 round / 0 birds 😢
* Island Green MO / 3 rounds / 5 birds
* Bill & Payne Stewart MO / 6 rounds / 8 birds
* Rivercut MO / 9 rounds / 10 birds
* Hidden Valley MO / 3 rounds / 4 birds
Horton Smith MO / 1 round / 1 bird
Millwood CC MO / 2 rounds / 5 birds
Whispering Oaks CC MO / 2 rounds / 1 bird 😢
Windmill Ridge MO / 1 round / 1 bird
Payne's Valley MO / 1 round / 1 bird
Branson Hills MO / 2 rounds / 2 birds
* Peoria Ridge OK / 1 round / 2 birds
----
35 rounds / 43 birds / 1 eagle / at least one birdie in 27 rounds

1 today, 74 in 59 rounds.

1 more today to make it 75 in 60 rounds.

Currently at 19/100 through 11 rounds. The pace has cooled off a bit, but once I can play more than once a week, I will pick it up!

Last edited:
After a few clunkers with only one or even zero, I poured four in today. That will get me back on track! 23/100 through 12 rounds

After a few clunkers with only one or even zero, I poured four in today. That will get me back on track! 23/100 through 12 rounds
Four in the round is a sweet roll.

Four in the round is a sweet roll.
Three of those were in the last five holes. The rest of the round wasn’t great, but it was a good way to end the round for sure!

1 today, 76 in 61 rounds.

4 birdies today to make it 80 in 62 rounds.

Falling off pace after a birdie-less weekend. Only 4 through 10.5 rounds despite some really solid play and lowered handicap. Golf is a funny game!

9/50, 10 rounds.

3 straight rounds without a bird had me wondering if I'd ever get another one to drop. Snagged THREE on a rainy Cinco de Mayo morning today!

2 today, 82 in 63 rounds.

My game is still in the dumpster, but i've given myself a chance for some birdies at least.
Toward the second half of the season, i'd like to see 1 per 18 holes.
What's that working out to? Maybe 30 if i can sneak in a round/half round on some of the week days?

1 birdie today to make it 83 in 65 rounds.

Monster round today to get to 7 in 11 rounds. Feeling a bit better about those numbers.

2 birdies today, 85 in 66 rounds so far this year.

2 birdies today, 85 in 66 rounds so far this year.
Wow! That's a lot of rounds before the middle of May. You're a lucky man to be in a good weather zone.

10/50, 12 rounds.

#10 today on a short par 4 with a 3w, chip, and a putt. 20% to the goal with a lot of season to go.

Wow! That's a lot of rounds before the middle of May. You're a lucky man to be in a good weather zone.
Yeah, being able to play year 'round really helps boost the round count. December, January and early February are cold, but still playable. At most we'll have to deal with a few frost delays, I can live with that.

2021 goal was to average a birdie per round at each course I play and also to card multiple eagles. The first part of that goal is now officially dead because I won't get back out to Boise for another crack at Warm Springs in 2021. Still going to track it to set a bar to try to beat in 2022(y)
Courses listed in order I first played them in 2021
* Updates
----
*Silo Ridge CC MO / 4 rounds / 5 birds / 1 eagle
Cardinal Creek IL / 1 round / 0 birds :(
Island Green MO / 3 rounds / 5 birds
Bill & Payne Stewart MO / 6 rounds / 8 birds
* Rivercut MO / 10 rounds / 10 birds
Hidden Valley MO / 3 rounds / 4 birds
Horton Smith MO / 1 round / 1 bird
* Millwood CC MO / 3 rounds / 5 birds
Whispering Oaks CC MO / 2 rounds / 1 bird :(
Windmill Ridge MO / 1 round / 1 bird
Payne's Valley MO / 1 round / 1 bird
Branson Hills MO / 2 rounds / 2 birds
Peoria Ridge OK / 1 round / 2 birds
* Warm Springs ID / 1 round / 0 birds :(
* Quail Hollow ID / 1 round / 1 bird
----
40 rounds / 46 birds / 1 eagle / at least one birdie in 29 rounds

Last edited:
Big day today and over 60% of my goal for the year has now been achieved! Might have to set a new one at the 6 month mark if everything is still going well.

Back