How many bunkers on your most frequented course/s? and whats the most you been in during one round?

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
My most played course has 95 (give or take) lots of fw bunkers and greens bunkers while the next frequented has about 50. One recent ay I was in so many I counted and it was 15 bunkers I was in (combo of fw bunkers and greenside) . I thought my old record of 13 some years back would never be passed but you just get those days when even decent strikes somehow bounce into bunkers like a magnet.

Ever get those days you just living in the beach forever? Or are there just not all that many on your coure/s?

My most played course has 32 bunkers, most of them greenside. There are 3 holes that have 0 (bunker-less).

My most played course has 95 (give or take) lots of fw bunkers and greens bunkers while the next frequented has about 50. One recent ay I was in so many I counted and it was 15 bunkers I was in (combo of fw bunkers and greenside) . I thought my old record of 13 some years back would never be passed but you just get those days when even decent strikes somehow bounce into bunkers like a magnet.

Ever get those days you just living in the beach forever? Or are there just not all that many on your coure/s?
I am now going through Arccos counting bunkers. You did this to me!

Pretty sure it’s 35. No idea what my max is for a round. But I’ve definitely been in three on the same hole a few times

I just pulled up the GPS flyover to count there are 42 most of which are greenside. I don't know for sure how many I've made it in during a given round. If I had to guess I'd say close to 10 is my highmark. Give or take a couple.

29, I'm usually in the fairway bunker on 3 and the fairway bunker on 9.

95 bunkers???? 😯

My home course has 44. But a lot of other features to protect the course and wreck your round.

Then I thought to count @echico home course. Southern Dunes. 105 bunkers according to Arccos. Thanks Freddy couples.
I’ve been in most of them.

My home course has 52 bunkers, but many of them shouldn’t really be in play. I think the most I’ve been in during a single round is three.

About 40 I would say

Currently, just 20 bunkers. Our greens are tiny and of push up construction from 1900. Approach shots have been described as hitting into a postage stamp.

I believe there used to be more bunkers, but some have been removed over the past 120 years…. Why? Nobody currently alive has a clue.

Honestly, they could probably remove all bunkers from the course and the average score wouldn’t fluctuate much at all.

43 bunkers, six of them are fairway, at my home course. I'd say the most I've been in, in one round, was eight of them.

95 bunkers???? 😯

My home course has 44. But a lot of other features to protect the course and wreck your round.

Then I thought to count @echico home course. Southern Dunes. 105 bunkers according to Arccos. Thanks Freddy couples.
I’ve been in most of them.
Yeah there are a few, but a course with Dunes in the name kinda has to have some.

Yeah there are a few, but a course with Dunes in the name kinda has to have some.
Absolutely. The native area is the real killer on that course.

My home course has about 20. I am rarely in a bunker there. The other course I play has about a billion. ;) OK, I think there are nearly 100. I end up in a couple fairway and greenside bunkers every round. :(

84 total. 32 FW, 52 greenside. Don't know what my high is. Probably double digits. I do know that my best ever sandy was a triple trapper for a par 5 on the 5th. Some of the FW traps are placed to save you from a worse fate, watery graves etc...

Last edited:
I have no idea how many bunkers my home course has.

However, chances are I've been in most, if not all of them at one time or another.

I know I've been in all the water hazards....

I did an average of my most played courses and got 36. Bunkers aren't a big thing here. We have water, creeks, and bermuda. Definitely different than some of the sand palaces back in Nebraska. Most here are where you'd expect. Turn of a dogleg, short and sides of the greens. They're pretty good placement really. Only 1 has some that are basically decorative for me. I don't end up in many. Average less than one a round, and most might be 4 that I can recall in one round.

Off the top of my head, I think it is around 40-42 at my home course. Most of them are protecting greens, but there are a few in some of the fairways to keep you on your toes
We have a few water hazards as well just to add to the hazard count

I don't tend to end up in many during a round - at least the last 4 times on the course I haven't been in any as far as I can remember

Last edited:
Zero

I'm in sand maybe ten times per year. Most of the courses I play have no or very few bunkers and the ones that do are gradually filling them in because they aren't worth the trouble to maintain.

If you want to know how many bunkers are at your course, just invite @Hamfist , he will find them! 😉🤣
To be fair, I did bring him to a course with 127 bunkers.😎

My home courses have 47 bunkers (all greenside) and 67 bunkers (30 fairway). I'd say I distinctly remember being in at 3. I am usually pretty good at avoiding bunkers even though I consider myself a pretty good bunker player.

I don't even know ... maybe 20 at most? A lot of holes don't have a bunkers or they have a random after-thought bunker placed someplace where you don't really hit the ball often.

The only even concerning one is 16, it has a bunker right in front of the green and one directly to the left of the green. There is a strip of land between them maybe 10 feet wide if you want to hop the ball on the grass.

I can go an entire round of 9 holes without being in a bunker rather often. There are a couple holes in my 2nd most placed course that I tend to always end up in a bunker. I would say I average 3 bunkers on that one and 1 on my home course.

40 on mine. Most are greenside. I probably average about 2-3 bunkers per round. It's on the shorter side so I'm usually going wedge or short iron in.

10 bunkers on my lil 9 hole course.

Used to be more, but currently 44 on my home course. I just counted on google maps... I'd say on my home course I rarely land in more than maybe 4 a round? Worst one in memory was last summer where I was in I think 7 greenside traps at another course.

Back