How many buttons?

rtparty

Reaction score
Handicap
High
Do you pay attention to how many buttons are on your shirt placket? Do you avoid shirts because of too many or too little buttons? Or you just don't care?

Yes, depending on spacing will avoid too few or too many on polos cuz the shirts don't look "right" to more or as nice... 3 seems to be the sweet spot IMO... 2 or 4 can work if spaced well... 5+ is often getting into crazy town. ;-)

I think normally there are two or three on most of mine.

2 or 3 is the permanent acceptable range (just like suit jackets). Fashion will push it back to 1 or up to 4 or 5, but those styles fade. I have a 4 button shirt right now, but it feels like too much. I kind of prefer 3 right now.

Today's polo has four buttons and it felt weird to button a third one so most of my other ones must have three!

It doesn't really matter to me though.

no more than 3

No, but regardless of the number, I always button the lowest one and leave the others open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't mind the buttons

I prefer 2-3, anything more than that gets weird fit wise

Never have given button count a thought. If I like the shirt, I am getting it regardless of how many buttons it has.

3 or less in fine with me .

Shirts with 2 and 4 or ok but I seem to prefer 3

It's definitely something I notice, but not something I've given too much thought too. I normally notice it when I throw on a golf shirt that only has two button and I'm only closing one (I'm thinking Nike TW version of a year or so ago).

I prefer 3, 2 and 4 just don't look "right" to me.

Also, at first glace on the THP main forum page I looked real quickly and thought this thread title was "How many burritos?" I think I must be hungry.

No, but regardless of the number, I always button the lowest one and leave the others open.

Pretty much the same here.

I prefer 3.

I prefer three, but two or four work if designed well.

Reminds me of an old joke.

Why did Steve Jobs wear turtlenecks?

Spoiler
Because blazers had too many buttons.

Here's an example of a 4-button shirt I would wear.

1487630860051_1811170303720336336.700w.jpg

3 is best, I can do 4 but any other number and I'm out of sorts.

The more the better; then I can leave them unbuttoned to show off my chest rug....

Back