How many courses can you remember off the top of your head?

Afizzle2100

Proud 2021 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I was driving to my office this morning and thinking about my round of golf yesterday. I played a course I hadn’t played in 7 months, but a course that I used to play at regularly.

as I was running through my shots I began to realize that I can recall every hole there vividly without having to look a scorecard. It had me beginning to wonder how many courses I could recall in this fashion.

If I’m being truthful to myself I can only recall 5 courses 100% 1-18, and be able to describe the look of the hole as well. Many courses I can recall most of the holes in order, but I misplace a hole or two or just completely forget one hole.

4 of these courses are located where I live and I’ve been playing them all for multiple years.

The other course is Augusta National, but I’m not sure if I would be able to do that if the Masters hadn’t just happened, and was also just played 4ish months ago.

So i pose the same question to you. Treat this like a GameShow. 1,000,000 for each course you can correctly name all holes 1-18.Must be in order. Must be able to loosely describe the hole (what is par, general distance, signature features like trees, or bunkers, or water, dogleg or not, severe uphill or downhill.)

It is not a requirement to have played the course.

After each course is successfully named, you choose to either walk away with your money or risk it all for another 1,000,000.

How many courses could you name or how much money would you walk away with?

What did I have for breakfast? 🤔

Not many. My mind is a vault for useless things and work related items. While I can describe a few holes from 5-10 courses, there are only a few that I could talk through the entire course. So, your gameshow money is safe with me. :LOL:

I can think of 5-7 courses............i believe if i were physically at any course having played it before it would come back to me then though.

I can think of 5-7 courses............i believe if i were physically at any course having played it before it would come back to me then though.

standing on a hole I have played before, I can perfectly describe it to you too! :ROFLMAO:

oof... I don't know.. I think I could do pretty well. But when the screws tighten the mind goes blank..

3. Probably the only courses I’ve played more than half a dozen times in recent years.

agreed, some courses I can remember the front 9 perfectly. Then I can’t remember where hole 10 starts, and so then I lose track of almost the whole back 9.

A lot. Have a pretty photographic memory. I'd guess close to 15-20, maybe more.

I can remember 4, each and every hole. I don't play too many course, but I could go through them all on 4 courses.

It's fun to think about. I started to think about my home course growing up. It's just a 9 hole muni, but it was where I learned to golf. Even though I haven't played it in 10 years, I can still remember each and every hole. Some great memories on that course! I really need to play the course next time I'm home! Thanks for bringing this up @Afizzle2100 !

I can remember 4, each and every hole. I don't play too many course, but I could go through them all on 4 courses.

It's fun to think about. I started to think about my home course growing up. It's just a 9 hole muni, but it was where I learned to golf. Even though I haven't played it in 10 years, I can still remember each and every hole. Some great memories on that course! I really need to play the course next time I'm home! Thanks for bringing this up @Afizzle2100 !

Glad it helped sparked some good memories it did the same for me and thats why i wanted to post it! The course I played last night was my old Muni that I basically learned the game on, and I couldn’t believe how easy it was coming back to me!

I had a feeling there were some people out there that had a pretty good database of courses!

Most of them. Unless there's nothing at all really memorable about it. If I've played it more than once, I can probably run through it in my head.

Probably about 7 currently with another 4-5 that if I played them again I would be able to go though them.

One and it’s my home course. Other than that, I’m out lol

I've got 5.5, one being a 9 hole course and one being 27 hole.

Depends on the definition of "general distance" of each hole. If I'd have to be within 20-30 yards then the answer is probably zero. There are probably a dozen courses where I can vividly remember the layout/trouble/features of each course.

Depends on the definition of "general distance" of each hole. If I'd have to be within 20-30 yards then the answer is probably zero. There are probably a dozen courses where I can vividly remember the layout/trouble/features of each course.

In my mind you just need to know if it’s a short par 4. Long par 3. The 18th at the muni I played at last night is a 260 yard par 4. That’s definitely a hole where I think it would be required to mention “it’s a short par 4, pond guarding the green.”

Short par 4= 350 and in
Long par 4= 450 or more

It's like the alphabet. If I can start at the beginning I can roll through almost every course I've played even semi-recently (couple years), and any I've played a bunch. If someone says, 'you know on #13 at ________ (some course I've played once or twice)' I have to go back to a starting point to get a reference and run through to there. This is one area where my damaged memory still excels at the details though.

Having lived in 7 states and played many often. About 50.

I'm with you. 15 - 20 or more for sure. Mrs. Nut always says "how can you remember every golf course & what you got on every hole years ago but you can't remember that I asked you to do the dishes?" :rolleyes:

Two. I could draw both of my hometown courses perfectly. But they are both 9-hole courses. Most courses where I live now I know well, but to describe each hole perfectly off the top of my head hmmm nope.

My home course is the only one I could go through hole by hole in detail.

Back