How many courses have you played...?

jpgolf

“JP”
Reaction score
Handicap
Have you ever thought about how many different courses you have played..? If you have been playing for some time (let’s say at least 5 to 10 years)...it may surprise you to come up with some sort of total. Being somewhat realistic, how many have you played...???

I was going over my list and since I started playing back in 1995.... I come up with 75 different courses. I have a logo ball from most - so, that’s a pretty decent collection. 😊

75 that I can count, and probably some others I've forgotten over the years - so somewhere between 75-100. All in California, Arizona and Nevada.

Last edited:
Probably a couple of hundred in about 20 different states. I've played courses in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, Nevada, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Virginia, Washington, and West Virginia.

In excess of 150 , and couple of differing countries as well 👍

Between 60 and 75 courses in Arizona, California and, Maine have seen my attempt to play golf in the 3 years that I have played.

Just over 250. 100 overseas, including 45 in USA , and 150+ in UK.

I think I've played 32 courses this year. Over the span of my life, it would be a total guess.

My guess would be >150 worldwide.

Around 20.

I am going to say around 50 or so.

I’m going to guess in the 75-100 range? I’ve played everything within 50 miles. I wish I could say that about everything inside 75 miles as there are a couple whoppers that would then be included.

Every time I add them up, I realize that there are quite a few that I missed.

I always had my clubs with me during my 20 years in the Navy, and 7 years on the road as a Owner Operator (OTR)

Probably played at least 25 states in the US and 4 provinces in Canada.

Canada-UK-US-Amsterdam-Denmark-Iceland-Israel-France-Norway-Egypt-Italy-Senegal-Ghana-Gianna-The Gambia-Guinea Bissau-Sierra Leone-Côte d'Ivoire-Columbia-Panama-Brazil-Cuba etc. etc.

I really have no idea.

I'll be on the low end and say probably 10 courses "world wide".

Not as many as most people here.
My wife doesn't play, so I never played on vacations except once In Bermuda.
And once in Miami, with rented clubs, when I was only fourteen.

Prior to joining my club, I played at maybe 12 or 15 local green fee courses.
I get invited annually to a member-three guest at a nearby club.

Mostly, and these days almost entirely, I just play at our club.
And my game travels badly when I do get an invite.

I have absolutely NO idea, but it's definitely a lot. I'd probably have to break it down by State to even get into the legitimate realm, and even then I am sure I'd forget some.

About 12-15 over a twenty year span. All but one of them was within an hour of home.

My “Golf Played” app says 185 courses. There are numerous courses that have closed since I started playing in 1984

I have been playing golf since 1972. The answer is hundreds. Trying to pinpoint an exact number would be difficult.

Took up the game @45 years ago shortly after joining the Air Force. With the 4 new to me courses so far this year I'm pretty sure I'm now at 198 courses (did 'the work' when a similar thread popped up a couple years ago). Sadly some of my favorites have been closed, including one that hosted a relatively significant PGA Championship. You'd think an Air Force lifer who then followed his wife around for an additional 10 years as she wrapped up her USAF career would've played all over. I really haven't though. I've been stuck on just 29 US States and 2 Canadian Provinces for way too long.

120, I use the golf played app to track.

Back