How many different courses have you played?

Campbell Toe

AKA Campbell Toe
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
After having a conversation with an acquaintance, it was asked how many different courses have I played. I did not have an answer but only an approximate guess. I have played in 32 different states and usually multiple rounds per golf trip. I would say probably somewhere close to 200. Do you tend to stick to your usual home course or do you venture outside your norm?

I'm well over 100, but don't know if I could nail down the right answer. I played 4 years in high school and one year in college so there's a ton of courses there I don't remember. I would guess it's all closer to 200.

I've tried to get a logo ball from courses I've played.

Right now I'm at 171 and have a few missing, so I'd guess 180 ish

FCDA4507-1FA5-4728-8D61-3EC36031BE4A.jpeg

Love the practice of collecting a ball, scorecard, or pencil from each club but I didn’t do it!

I’ll guess about 200 courses as MN, WI account for at least 100 and California adds another 30.

A few days ago I did the time to reorganize my stuff day. 7 hours of reorganizing. I collect pencils, scorecards and yardage books. I keep detailed records of courses played. Starting about 25 years ago I would just write down on a piece of paper the places I had played that year as put forth by my data in my handicap. I meandered backwards also to list places I had played prior into one database for that. In my review of my myriad of score cards, I came up with 20 that I had not included. So as of now 809 courses played.

Man I can’t even begin to estimate. I’ve traveled so much for work over last 10+ years & always played golf. I would have to say over 200.

I have no idea. I'm positive there were quite a few, road trip , spur of the moment golf stops that have been forgotten about.

I'd feel safe guessing some where around 225+.

There's close to 100 with in easy driving distance (90 minutes) from me right now. I've played most of these.

I like to play a variety of courses, even in my local area. I've played 17 of those. Have a few more of the more affordable ones to sample as well.
I've played most of the public accessable courses in San Diego county, at least that the ones there in the 90's and early 2000's
10 or 12 in the Puget Sound region where we lived for 8 years.
I usually play 1-2 when on vacation as well. Hawaii, Mexico, Florida etc.
I'd have to guess I've played around 100 different courses, give or take.
If they have an interesting logo, I'll pick up a hat, ball or marker, but if it' kinda generic, I pass.

Last edited:
A few hundred.. Belonged to golf clubs with monthly away tournaments, plus traveled on business a lot that seemed to always include a round of golf.

I have been playing golf since 1972. I honestly can’t even think up a guess as to the number of courses I have played.

I have absolutely no idea but definitely north of 100.

Gold Canyon in Arizona and a couple munis around Wisconsin are about all I'm missing
Have a few from AZ but not Gold Canyon. Have been to Wisconsin twice to play. A good bud is in Eau Claire. But it was twice to visit the American Club.

I don't know exactly, I'd never really stopped and thought about it until this thread. I played in high school and two years in college, and a lot afterwards, but I'd just be guessing. I'm sure it's over 100 but I don't know if it's near 200.

USAF....that's a cool idea. My twin brother does something like that, but with scorecard pencil's.

Have a few from AZ but not Gold Canyon. Have been to Wisconsin twice to play. A good bud is in Eau Claire. But it was twice to visit the American Club.

Thanks for checking!

American club is a great choice. If you ever get to Minneapolis/St Paul, let me know. I'm 15 minutes from there ⛳(y)

I guess I’ll represent the other side of the equation at maybe 10-20 courses over 30+ years of on and off playing. I tend to find a cheaper course near me, and make it the one I typically play. I don’t like traveling, so I‘ve never done it for golf.

Thanks for checking!

American club is a great choice. If you ever get to Minneapolis/St Paul, let me know. I'm 15 minutes from there ⛳(y)
Was in Minneapolis once.....with 28 inches of snow....Ha

I would have no idea. I’ve lived in 5 states and I travel for work where I play here and there.

I would guess 150-225

Back