How many episodes do you give a new show before punting?

For half hour shows, five to six. For hour long shows, two to three. Gotta give the shorter ones a little more leeway but it's the same amount of time invested. I can usually tell sooner but I've been surprised before by sticking it out

It depends on the hotness of the lead female character, but usually 3 at the most.

If it’s a show that is meant to build and be one story line, I’ll give it a full season. Gotta give a shot at the payoff.

I'm easily hooked so too many...but I try to only go 2 or 3 if it's bad enough to quit watching

Generally 2 to 3, but if I recall Breaking Bad was on the chopping block for us around #3.
We asked each other "5 seasons of cooking meth in the desert?"
That one took time to develop, and I'm glad we hung in there...best series I've ever enjoyed!.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’ve tried a bunch of streaming shows the past year, if the first episode doesn’t do it I move on. There’s just too much stuff out there to give it time to develop

Never thought about this. But generally, if the first show does not catch my interest, I will punt it. However, sometimes I like the premise of the show but not the first episode. In that case, I will give it a go for 2-3 episodes. There have been other shows where I would watch the entire first season thinking it will get better and decide not to comeback for the second season.

Is going to be two maximum, if I've not seen anything of interest by then I'll likely bin it. Which is probably a mistake because I imagine a lot of the best shows take time to get really invested in the characters and their nuances etc, I just don't have the patience for it.

Just a couple of episodes for me. Some shows I came into after they had run several seasons... others I didn't watch until they had run their course and were ended.

The ones I enjoyed tend to end after one maybe 2 seasons... which sucks but that's tv.

I'll give it a full season to see the arc. I'm fighting through HBO's Perry Mason right now. I actually gave Breaking Bad 2 seasons and just never could get past how annoying Jesse was. I couldn't get into Ozark after the first season, but went back a couple of years later, restarted at S1, ep1., and fell in love with it.

I'll give it a full season to see the arc. I'm fighting through HBO's Perry Mason right now. I actually gave Breaking Bad 2 seasons and just never could get past how annoying Jesse was. I couldn't get into Ozark after the first season, but went back a couple of years later, restarted at S1, ep1., and fell in love with it.

Perry Mason didn't make it 2 episodes. I liked Breaking Bad well enough but hated the Saul Goodman character. I tried Better Call Saul because of the Mike character but never made it through more than a few episodes.

I think 3. The first episode has to introduce the characters and the setting generally so I give that one a pass. Sometimes though a really well done 1st episode will hook you immediately. Episode 2 and 3 give the show time to start telling it's story. If I am not interested in the story or the characters at that point I am out.

I quit Breakong Bad after episode 2 because I thought the first 2 episodes were terrible. Someone told me to keep watching and I got hooked in episode 3. From there I could not stop watching. I think it's the best show I have ever watched.

Less than one. I know pretty immediately if something is or isn’t for me.

It was once said that if a book didn't get you going by the end of 1st chapter it's not worth finishing. The same for a new show. Ya got till first commercial break.

Probably one. I watch so little to begin with that something has to capture my attention early for me to keep interested and to watch again.

Back