How many greenside shots are in your repertoire?

kc720

Reaction score
Handicap
2manyclubs
Short game requires a lot of creativity and technical skills. How many different shots can you pull off on a some what regular basis?

I can execute (somewhat successfully haha) the following:

1. Bump and run

2. 50/50 carry run

3. 75/25 carry run

4. Hop and stop (requires clean lie and about 40 yds of carry so I can swing aggressively enough to spin

5. Chunk and run from rough or bunker. (I'm less successful out of bunkers with this shot)

The shot I have a really hard time is the flop. I just have a terrible time judging the speed of the swing and distance.

Chip, bump and run, pitch and flop. If I want to control the height I usually just pick a lower or higher lofted club and hope for the best :D

Pitch and run, flop shot if the lie is right, one hop and stop (again if the lie is right), Hybrid putt!

Flop
Chutt
Bump and run off the other side
Chip and stop short.
Chip and run too far

I kid but the four big ones always with some variance in success.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Pitch and run, flop shot if the lie is right, one hop and stop (again if the lie is right), Hybrid putt!
The hybrid chutt! That's a great shot and I never remember it when my ball is against the cut

Bump and run

50/50

25/75

Some days I have the flop, hop n stop, bump n run, hinge and hold, low spinners, etc. Other days all I can seem to do is blade wedges over the green.

Bump and run
Flop
A high pitch that checks and releases a few feet then stops
Pitch that just does nothing but release (so like a 25/75, 50/50)
Chunk and run

A couple grooves too low
Too high up the face
Bladed
Chunked
Too much swing for the shot
Not enough swing for the shot
Catching it high on the face and it go nowhere

Alright, think I got all those locked down

Short game requires a lot of creativity and technical skills. How many different shots can you pull off on a some what regular basis?

I can execute (somewhat successfully haha) the following:

1. Bump and run

2. 50/50 carry run

3. 75/25 carry run

4. Hop and stop (requires clean lie and about 40 yds of carry so I can swing aggressively enough to spin

5. Chunk and run from rough or bunker. (I'm less successful out of bunkers with this shot)

The shot I have a really hard time is the flop. I just have a terrible time judging the speed of the swing and distance.

I would say that I have been able to execute all of these. I have also royally destroyed each of these shots as well.

Confidence right now is in a 50/50 and a screamer pitch, hop, and stop. Thats a really fun shot to go right at pins with.

I have quite a few but don't know what to call them.

Smile
Sad face
Mad Face
%@&$% Face

Is the pitch-and-pray a shot?

I got the chunk down solid!

I really try to keep my short game simple. I play mostly simple pitches that fly 2/3's of the way to the hole and roll out the final 1/3. One shot that I've just about mastered (holed one Saturday) is the bump-and-run with my 4 hybrid. I'm starting to LOVE that shot!

Flop from a tight lie is the one I really don't have. I also seem to struggle with the high spin bunker shot. The rest I can hit, some better than others. I probably should use a little more imagination sometimes but I don't play many interesting courses that truly call for it.

I have the skull over the green, and then the skull come-backer as well.

Chip Low
Chip High
Bump & Run
Modified Flop (lots of height, but still a bit too much roll out)

Forced to work on the hammer the ball into the fringe on domed greens, and hope for a favorable bounce and rollout. Stupid course really needs that shot a lot.

I have the skull and fat shots down pat. The periodic sh@nk. I can also on occasion, bump and run, 50-50 and rarely flop. I always try what is needed. Sometimes it works.

Flop
Bunker shot that runs out
Bunker shot that just gets over the edge
Chip
Pitch
Chutt
Chunk
Thin across the green
50 yd approach shot
65 yd full 62* wedge
And
The desert knock out.

I really just do the same thing and hope I guess the amount of rollout correctly. If I have a nice lie in rough and not much green Ill try a flop which ends up ok sometimes.

Bump and run, 3/4 pitch with roll out, the 1/2 stab thing and dies at the hole hahaha and on occasion the hop and stop from the fairway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can attempt every shot mentioned but they come with varying degrees of success. My go to shots around the green are the bump and run, mini flop, and 40 yard bladed screamer. Years of putting myself in horrible spots honed my short game.

I feel comfortable enough to execute almost any shot around the green when given adequate room to do so. My problems arise when I'm shortsided. I understand it's a common problem and makes it difficult for everyone to execute, I just find that I'm not as good as I should be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

How many greenside shots are in your repertoire?

Pitch, Chip, bump and run, lob, chunk, shank, crank, and meltdown & curse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back