How many hats do you own?

Ugh I don’t want to know but I’ll start counting....

11- but I don’t wear hats 🤔, only a toboggan in the winter (2 of those).

Too many. At least 25. Probably more,

Fifty.

The Bettinardi hats do seem to be accumulating lately!!! :laughing:

About 10.

My dunce cap, which I usually have to wear right after I wear my....

Asshat.

Then I have about 5 TourB Bridgestone ones and Harmon CC hat, and a few of our local school ones from coaching, etc.

a handful...
in the winter i wear a wool paddy cap or scally cap, whatever you prefer to call it, and once spring rolls around I’ll wear a baseball cap when i‘m in the sun to protect my bald noggin’ from those harmful UV rays. i probably have 4-5 of baseball caps, at any given time, but most have my company logo on them.... so does that just count as 1 ??? :unsure:

Last edited:
4 ball caps, and 3 summer hats.
One of the summer hats is water proof for rainy days. I don't wear it much. The other two are to keep the sun off my ears.

The 4 ball caps I just rotate through on whims. My two favorites are my THP Golf cap, and my Viet Nam cap. I also have a Camo Cancun cap, and a Cubs cap.

Honorable mention goes to my Green Bay Packers stocking head cover.

I also have a real "Pith Helmet" I sometimes wear when golfing.

I have to get rid of some every year. Probably around 15 now, which is too many.

Not a collector by any means, but Iove a nice fitting, good looking hat. I wear them all the time.

Keep about 5-6 in rotation, but have more than I need & of course I'm always looking for a new one.

12 was the number for hats I have that still get worn. Seems high according to Mrs. BlueHen.... lies!!!!

20, but it is not my fault! Almost all of these hats were gifts. I'm someone who is very consistent at keeping a list of gift suggestions with size, color, and other details. Then I get hats that aren't my size, colors that go with anything I own, etcetera. I don't want to offend any of my gift givers. So, they stay in the closet to be pulled and worn when the gift giver is around. After about 10 years, I'll donate them to Goodwill or somewhere.

I wear about 3 hats that actually fit and have colors that go with other apparel I own. They wear out and then specifications for a replacement goes on the gift list.

The 20 hats I have include about 6 that I can use and the rest are waiting for the 10 years to go by. I nest those hats I don't use, so they don't take up much room in the closet.

I'm guessing there are others on here with a similar tail to tell.

A related hat story.

One of my gifted hats was given to me by one of my dear son-in-laws. He actually plays some and we had "the talk" where he asked for our blessing to marry our daughter on a golf course in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia. Anyway, he is a graduate of Marshall University in Huntington. He got me a baseball hat from the University years ago. I live on the west coast where almost any other region of the country is referred to as "back East". Virtually no one knows about Marshall University. So when I would wear the hat playing golf more than nine out of 10 people figured I was one of the course marshals. You may have noticed the two words are spelled different. Hardly anyone else does--at least out here.

I had lots of interesting interactions with other golfers wearing that hat.

I am so glad to be among friends I have 14 or so hats which I don't think is too many and all are in rotation depending on weather and outfits. I am forever being told that is too many and that I don't need any more.
I am now happy to continue my quest for more hats on the basis that I am safely in the lower percentile of hat collectors;)

Probably about 20 but have some favourites depending on temperature.

18 golf + 2 cowboy from days past and 2 wide brimmed Australian/Euro style hats

I’m showing this thread to my wife.

I bought a hat last year and got stick for it because “I already have a hat..!”

One single hat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife and I were having a "discussion" about the number of hats I have laying around - I call it "strategic placement". I said I didn't have that many... she estimated 25 in my collection. Shots fired!
Went and counted..... 37 hats. One goes back to 1997 as the gamer I wore during my college baseball season.

Are you a hat collector and if so - how many do you have? If not - do you only game a few and which ones?
I have about 30. I keep them on the top shelf of my closet though and only leave them laying around on my desk LOL! The house we bought 2 years ago ahs separate closets for each of us and that is an absolutely amazing thing for discussions like this. My closet has my stuff and my stuff only and it's arranged however I want LOL!

Ball caps: Around 20, 5 or 6 nice ones and 15 or so I wear for golf
Wool Hatteras Caps: 3 I wear them all winter
Wide Brimmed hat for summer golf
Fedora for winter rainy weather when I have to be out

Last edited:
I’ll guess 50 golf hats with about 10 in the rotation that I wear on a regular basis. When I find one I like I’ll buy a few of them in different colors.

14 golf hats - favorite is from Preston Trail
2 Stormy Kromers - for winter
2 beanies - for winter68ED4524-BBBF-40FD-95AF-6CA4B4578B03.jpeg

I only have 3 hats that I golf in. Like the worn in feeling!

5 True Temper Project X hats
1 Vokey
2 Titleist
1 Scotty Cameron
1 Footjoy

And 5 work hats.

Not nearly enough I guess. I have about 8. 2-3 favorites that get worn a lot more than the others.

I don't have as many as some of y'all... but I've got several. A few I don't wear because I got them at a concert or something... there are a couple I miss... there are a couple I got rid of and regret... then there's the one that was stolen.

Concert hat - George Strait. It was a good concert
Panthers NFC West Championship hat - I wore this one out and got rid of it... I kind of wish I hadn't.
Senor Frog's - I picked this hat up in Cancun on vacation with my family. I liked the bottle opener in the bill. I used it as my TDY hat for a few years. It disappeared from my checked bag at London Heathrow when I went TDY... I'm still salty about that.:mad:

I've got a couple that are automotive related... a few that are golf related. A couple firearm related...

Back