How Many Headcovers Are Allowed?

What if you have hybrid irons?

After seeing one of my regular playing partners old set of HB3 after not having covers on them forever, I say yes, since it's not just chatter those get.

How Many Headcovers Are Allowed?

For the guys that have all the covers or the guys that worry about the guys that have all the covers? lol.....

You know it’s funny though, I don’t see anyone worrying about the covers, just giving their opinions on not liking them. But it’s a convo where it’s always taken that way, defensiveness always sets in.

I don’t care if someone uses iron covers.

But, I hate them with a passion.

Nothing wrong with either stance.

You know it’s funny though, I don’t see anyone worrying about the covers, just giving their opinions on not liking them. But it’s a convo where it’s always taken that way, defensiveness always sets in.

I don’t care if someone uses iron covers.

But, I hate them with a passion.

Nothing wrong with either stance.

What do you hate about them specifically?

Technically I myself don’t use covers on anything other than my driver, fw and putter, as I found another way to get the benefits of what they provide in the silencer bag. I also have motivations that others may not have when they use covers (i.e. resale value of my clubs in case I decide to move on).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you hate about them specifically?

Technically I myself don’t use covers on anything other than my driver, fw and putter, as I found another way to get the benefits of what they provide in the silencer bag. I also have motivations that others may not have when they use covers (i.e. resale value of my clubs in case I decide to move on).

Specifically? They’re hideous. Plus, for me, irons are work horses and chatter is a badge of honor.

But I’ve got no problem with those who use them, contrary to the defensive responses by some to those who don’t like them. Just expect me to give you **** when we play, lmao

For the guys that have all the covers or the guys that worry about the guys that have all the covers? lol.....

yes.....loll. Like JMan, I would never use Iron Covers, that's on you if you like them. to me its just one more thing to keep up with. if you like them, fine.. but if you drop one, i may pick it up and wait for you to notice, then wait for the awesome bewilderment of wondering how far back you have to go to find it, before i give it back....just sayin'

yes.....loll. Like JMan, I would never use Iron Covers, that's on you if you like them. to me its just one more thing to keep up with. if you like them, fine.. but if you drop one, i may pick it up and wait for you to notice, then wait for the awesome bewilderment of wondering how far back you have to go to find it, before i give it back....just sayin'

Ahahaa….."that's on you"......like it's an affliction/disease of some kind. Funny stuff.

I don't disagree that if you are using iron covers, there is a high likelihood you will drop one and that becomes a problem for you and potentially your playing group. I think that is essentially the only valid negative there is against them.
Whether they are ugly or not is a different topic I think. Beauty is in the eye....

I don't use them because the possibility of losing them is far too annoying, so 10000% agree there.

I'm at 5 right now. D, 3W, 2H, Gapr, Putter. I usually don't notice what anyone else has unless they're covering new releases I'm coveting. I've personally never used iron covers and usually don't notice/care if someone else does. USUALLY! Last fall a single they added to our group stopped the whole world on a busy Sat morning to go back and search for his PW cover. In hindsight we should've just left him but being (too) nice we sent two groups through instead before he returned empty handed. Kicker was he thought he 'lost it' on 6 or 7. When he announced that 'he found it' on 13 (fell down inside his bag) I feared my buddy was gonna choke him out right there.

When I use my Bennington bag, I don't use covers on anything but my woods and hybrids. However, I typically use either my Ping Pioneer or Bagboy Chiller bag. When I use either of them, the irons and putter are covered. To each his own. If you don't like covers, don't use them. They're your clubs, not mine.

I know some dislike them because they believe "using them slows down play." I play with a group of 16-20 guys (varies depending on the time of year). Only 2 of us use iron covers. I can guarantee you with 100% accuracy, both of us are faster pulling our clubs, hitting our shots, and returning the clubs to the bag (with covers), than any of the other guys with whom we play.

I don't really like them but I am using them. I started driving Uber and Lyft to make fun money for golf and travel. So when I plopped down some serious retail $$ for my new equipment, I decided to but covers to keep them looking really nice. I like that it keeps it quiet when I carry my bag.

4 should be the norm ... driver, 3W, 5W & putter. If you have more than that, prepare to be made fun of. :act-up:

I’ll throw this out there....I use the Ogio Silencer bag (can’t wait for the new one btw), so I get most of the benefits of a bag full of covers, sans covers.
I tend to sell quite a bit of my equipment, so keeping things clean and ding/dent free allows me to recoup a fair larger portion of my initial investments. It’s just smart ho’ing....

I have the Silencer cart bag and it was my main bag for about 4 years until last July when I started walking. I will still use it for 25+ riding rounds this year and you are exactly right, the clubs stay put and don’t touch one another even when going over speed bumps.

For me it's covers for the driver, fairway woods, hybrids and putter. That's 5 for me, but I've seen more in some bags, and have no issues. You do you!

Driver
Wood
2 Hybrids
Oh and obviously putter

Money.

Always an entertaining conversation.

For my bag: Driver, 3W, 5W, Putter.

For anyone else's bag: Whatever works for you.

Interesting question, it made me think for a moment.

I've never judged someone for taking care of their personal property. I do occasionally glance at other people's bags and might start a conversation about how they like what they are hitting but I've never even thought about making a comment about head covers.

For me, I really dislike having marks on the top of composite/titanium/carbon fiber heads, it messes with my eye to have a mark on the top of a club when looking down at it. So for me I cover my hybrids, woods and my putter. So five for me.

Im in the as many as you want as long as they arent on irons camp

I've seen a head-cover on a water bottle.

I once ordered a 5-SW Acer XDS React hybrid set. It came with the biggest covers I’ve ever seen. I Hit the clubs we’ll but the bag looked like a junk drawer with 14 total covers so before they saw the course I sold them and lost a bunch of money.

Woods and putter. Never been an iron cover fan, though I've been considering it. Not so much for protection, but for the clatter noise. I find myself reaching back and grabbing the heads to prevent the noise they make when walking up to playing partners while they are hitting their shots. The curse of out driving them

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'd be ok with all 14, keeping the clubs looking clean!

Max 3 driver, fairway wood, and putter, that being said I only used 1 head (3 wood) for a number years.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

what ever is covering a driver, fairway wood, hybrid or putter. Anything else is taboo!

A hybrid is an iron and does not require a head cover.

Back