Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 4 Hybrids

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • More than 4

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • No Hyrbids

Votes: 26 14.9%

• Total voters
I have a 1980's sort of hybrid, called a 5W :)

I have zero in the bag. I've have never actually tried one. My long iron game is really coming around though recently so I'd rather not mess with anything at the moment

Finally somebody that carries as many hybrids I carry, in fact, one more.
22,25,28,31* hybrids.

As far as I know, I am the only competitive, male amateur in the country who plays a 7-hybrid and whose longest iron is an 8-iron. :p

I have zero in the bag. I've have never actually tried one. My long iron game is really coming around though recently so I'd rather not mess with anything at the moment

You are an 8.7 index who has never even tried a hybrid??? May I ask why?

Do you hit the ball very high and spinny?

I have one hybrid but I still don't have the right one. The hybrid I have goes about the same distance as my 5 iron.

I used to be exclusively a FW guy but after finding a 4H that works for me, I added the matching 3H for easier shots out of the rough. I will still rotate in my old 5W sometimes just for fun.

In my #1 gaming bag I do not have any hybrids, and I voted as such. Call me "old school". 4 metalwoods, 5 irons, 4 wedges, and a putter make up this bag.

Now my #2 bag is another story. That bag has 12. Ironwoods in it. (2-lw) These were some of the first hybrid irons introduced to the golfing public. I played this bag for several years, and scored pretty well with it. Even today I will dust it off once, or twice a month and have fun with it.

I am a recent convert to hybrid. Currently only have a 3h but been mulling around the 4w/2h swaparoo. Currently use 5w turned down to 4w. Wonder if going 2h instead would be better.

I did what you did. I ditched my 3 wood because I hardly ever hit it, as I used my G400 5W more. So I went G400 5W turned down to 16.5 degrees and added a G410 3H. Now my gaps work great.

I liked the idea of a hybrid but for whatever reason, seemed to hit it poorly. I got rid of a 3H I had a while back and put a 5W back in the bag.
changed my vote...picked up a used set of one length f8's via THP....it came with 3 hybrids. ONe of them I benched for now...but carrying two. As I get more consistent with them, will likely add the third to the mix at some point. These have given me the best luck I've had hitting hybrids so far....I haven't needed them in a round much yet, but have hit a couple of nice shots when I have had to use them.

You are an 8.7 index who has never even tried a hybrid??? May I ask why?

Do you hit the ball very high and spinny?
Combination of environment and opportunity. Being a lefty made it difficult when I started out to try clubs. I was never able to try friends/playing partner's clubs. Until recently, our course never had lefty clubs to demo. Our other stores that carry golf clubs, never had lefty clubs in stock so I never had an option to try one out. I've also only been golfing for about seven or eight years so at the start when I wasn't any good, I wasn't buying clubs to experiment like I do now. And at this point I've been playing with long irons so long and I rarely put myself in a bad position because of them, I've never had the urge to put one in the bag.

To answer your other question, I'm pretty mid/mid when it comes to launch and spin

Only one a 3h and for now I think that’s going to be enough

Just a single hybrid that honestly is rarely used. Wondering if I should swap it out for an extra wedge.

I changed my bag up so now it's only 2, a 22* and a 25*. I hit them pretty well, and like them a lot.

The "being lefty" thing makes total sense.

But ... it's time. I recommend the following:
  1. Buy a used 19-degree Titleist or Callaway or TaylorMade (or ???) hybrid on eBay or wherever for $100 or less.
  2. Make sure the shaft is 75 grams or more and that it is at least as stiff as you would normally play in your fairway wood(s). This is important, as a weak or "soft" shaft in a hybrid is no bueno -- too many hooks for most players.
  3. Compare it to your 2 and 3-iron for ease of strike, dispersion, height, etc.
  4. Lather, rinse repeat. :)

One for me. The new EXS 220 #2. Love hearing the ball ring off the face and launch.

I swapped my 5i for a 5h. I hit the hybrid more consistently. I’m very comfortable with my 5 and 7 woods for longer shots.

I carry two. One is a Taylormade GAPR Mid 21* currently set at 20.5* The other I have been rotating between a Callaway Super Hybrid and a PXG 0317 X; both 17*.

Just the one. Mavrik Pro 2H. I don't use it enough though. Twice today it would have been the smarter choice.

Just one. Honestly, I'm contemplating replacing the 4h with a 7wd. I have been crushing the 5wd lately and the 4h has not been friendly.

I currently have 3 in the bag, but the 5 iron has gone back in so that may eliminate 1 of the 3. I've also been finding I don't hit my 23 degree very often, so that may come out as well. Pretty soon I will only be carrying 12 clubs.

I started with a 4 and a 5, the moved to a 3 and a 4 and now am dropping down to just a 4...rarely use the 3 and when I do I am dangerous

I only carry one to fill the gap between 4I and 3W. My iron striking is getting a little better so the 4I isn't too much shorter than the hybrid, so my need to get an updated version.

I have 2 Ping G410 hybrids, a 19 deg 3 hybrid that is set to 20 deg, and a 17 degree 2 hybrid.

Only one, 4h @22. In thinking about adding either 19* hybrid or 20* fw between 4h and 17* fw (with 3w length shaft).

Titleist 917 D2 driver
Callaway Rogue 3W
Yamaha EZ blades 3-sw
Titleist 52* gap and 60* lob wedges, and
a Putter.

That makes it 14 clubs. No room (or want) for a hybrid. My favorite club is my 4 iron.

Back