How many knives do you use to make a PB&J sandwich?

Do you use one knife, or separate knives, to make a PB&J, or Fluffernutter sandwich?

• One Knife, because I'm a savage.

Votes: 63 68.5%
  • Separate Knifes, like a civilized person.

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Who uses a knife?

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • One knife, but I rinse it off.

Votes: 13 14.1%

• Total voters
One. I spread the PB and then wipe the excess off on the clear piece of bread before diving into the jelly.
This is how I do it. P&Js are the perfect food during a round. A little protein, some sugar, fruit, and carbs.

One knife, squeeze the jelly.

Follow-up question....(paraphrased from the Harley Davidson forum question on where you put your gas cap when filling the tank. Yes. It's a real question that gets asked!)...

Where do you put the lid when you are building referenced PB&J sammich? And if you open both jars simultanously.....lids?

PB First and wipe the excess on the bread before the jelly smothers to perfection!

One knife, because they have squeeze jelly nowadays so it’s a non issue. :ROFLMAO:

One, but I lick it clean in between the PB and the jelly like a true savage.

I use one, spread the PB first and then I use the squeeze type jelly most the time so don't stick the used knife in the jelly. however when I do have jar jelly I still use 1 PB first and wipe pretty clean on the PB jar and then go for the jelly.

One knife, butter one slice, wipe it off on the other, then the PB on the buttered slice, wipe it off on the other slice then, jelly and lick the knife. 🤪

One knife, jelly first as its easier to wipe off, then PB

One knife, because they have squeeze jelly nowadays so it’s a non issue. :ROFLMAO:
You city folk and your high falutin squeeze bottles! Ain't you never heard of canning your own? 😉👅

You city folk and your high falutin squeeze bottles! Ain't you never heard of canning your own? 😉👅
We still can batches of sand plum jelly every single year (y)

One. I spread the PB and then wipe the excess off on the clear piece of bread before diving into the jelly.

There you go! Somebody with brains who doesn't have a dishwashing fetish!

None-I don't eat PBJ.

You, sir, are the savage!

This is how I do it. P&Js are the perfect food during a round. A little protein, some sugar, fruit, and carbs.

For the last couple of years, our usual group has included my buddy's Sister. She always makes PBJ's for us to eat at the turn. they are so good!

Sorry, but I can't agree. I tried it when they came out with the squeeze mayo, but there was far too much waste! No, I love scraping the walls of that jar to get the last of that scrumptious goodness! Makes me feel like I'm working for my food!

Zero knives.

Uncrustables bro.

Convenience is nice, but then you are at their mercy as to what kinds of PB and J you actually get. I realize it's Smuckers J, so that's a plus, but where does the PB come from! Therein lies the question.

Zero. 1 spoon only. I pretty much have no need for knives

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 but wipe it down between

okay, I have to ask, who else uses the knife for Peanut Butter and then goes straight into the jelly? no? Do you lick it first?

One knife, just give it a good scrape on the jar when done with each, and the knife is clean enough.

Thanks THP.

You have restored my faith.

#savage

1611978623477.jpeg
1611978666858.jpeg
Zero! Because I hate cleaning dishes.

I detect a little bias by the pollster.:sneaky:

I love things neat and ordered. But I also hate to be wasteful. So, the way I do it is:
One knife.
Jelly/jam first.
Wipe the knife clean using a small part of the bread that doesn't have jelly over it.
Use the wiped knife to now apply the peanut butter.
Wipe the knife clean using a small part of the bread that doesn't have peanut butter on it. (Cause who wants to waste peanut butter.)

We live in the city, but have a network of friends who can regularly. Keeps us stocked with jellies and jams of all types.

One thing my wife does, that drives me absolutely crazy, is contaminating the peanut butter, with jelly, by only using one knife.
What say you?
1) Take one slice of bread and, using one knife, spread the jelly on the bread.
2) Lick the excess jelly off the knife, being careful not to cut your tongue.
3) Use the knife to spread the peanut butter on either the jellied piece of bread or the other piece.
4) Combine bread pieces, making sure that the peanut butter and the jelly are both on the inside of the sandwich.
5) Eat the sandwich.

Back