How many knives do you use to make a PB&J sandwich?

Do you use one knife, or separate knives, to make a PB&J, or Fluffernutter sandwich?

• One Knife, because I'm a savage.

Votes: 63 68.5%
  • Separate Knifes, like a civilized person.

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Who uses a knife?

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • One knife, but I rinse it off.

Votes: 13 14.1%

• Total voters
This thread has taught me, that I'm the weirdo. :drinks:

I use 2 knives. Get/spread PB, put knife in sink, get new knife, do jelly/fluff.

one knife for PB and then the squeeze jelly then spread with same knife.

This, who still purchases grape jelly that you have to use something to get it out of the jar? Only exception is locally made stuff like apple butter or apply cherry jelly.

Also NO JAM........

One knife because I put jelly on first and then I rinse off the knife before I get peanut butter.

I put peanut butter on both pieces of bread and then jelly on one. This keeps the bread from becoming soggy with the jelly if I am not eating it right away. One knife, always one knife.

okay, I have to ask, who else uses the knife for Peanut Butter and then goes straight into the jelly? no? Do you lick it first?
I do. I posted it earlier. I lick it after both are mixed after I have spread my sandwich. This thread is starting to make me feel like a monster.

knife for the pb, spoon for the jelly. any other combo is for cavemen (cave people?)

I do. I posted it earlier. I lick it after both are mixed after I have spread my sandwich. This thread is starting to make me feel like a monster.

Thats the thing about life....people are who people are. Different is not bad, just means that there is room for all the OEM's

My Jelly is in one of the squeeze bottles. So I can spread it AFTER laying down the PB on both pieces of bread. No PB in Jelly Jar.

OR- I get the Jar of Goober-Grape. You know, the one with the PB & Jelly in swirls. One knife and one knife only...

one - for peanut butter and slicing. i use a spoon for the jam since it's a bit thinner than store-bought.

sorry (but not really) for being 'that guy'

My response is one, but I’m no savage. It’s common sense.

Well... here's the thing. There's no jelly in my home. We have jam. Jam is just better than jelly. It's smoother. It spreads better. Jelly is all clumpy and disgusting. So my wife made the determination years ago that jelly is forbidden in the house.

So, when I make myself a pb&j I use a knife for the peanut butter. It has to be smooth peanut butter. I don't like crunchy. It's like half finished peanut butter.

And when it comes time to add the jam, I use a spoon. I get more of the goodness in the sammich that way.

1 knife. The jelly only gets used for PB&J in my household, so the cross-contamination of the PB getting in the jelly is a nonfactor.

One knife when I make it for the kiddo, but rinse/wash in between.

For myself? No knives. Haven't eaten one since I was like 10..... so 31ish years lol.

Knife for the peanut butter, spoon for the jelly

The other thread had me wondering...

One thing my wife does, that drives me absolutely crazy, is contaminating the peanut butter, with jelly, by only using one knife.

What say you?
One knife, for the PB, and to cut the sandwich into halves. Everyone knows you either buy jelly in a squeezeable container (and you can use the knife to spread it), or you use a spoon.

1 knife, PB first, wipe clean on other slice of bread then spread jam.

Has to be a Philly thing.... or family thing 😜.... just one more piece to wash ... 😉

Yep! My Mom would have smacked me if I had dirtied more then one piece of silverware just to make a stupid sandwich! And for those who need a spoon for jelly, just how unsteady are your hands?

Yep! My Mom would have smacked me if I had dirtied more then one piece of silverware just to make a stupid sandwich! And for those who need a spoon for jelly, just how unsteady are your hands?
Your mom must have known my mom! 😜

I used 1 knife yesterday but felt dirty afterwards!

Don't use jelly so just one. Generously spread the PB then use the same knife to slice a banana to add to the sandwich.

Back