How many lawyers are on the forum?

I'm a lawyer. Can't believe the rest of you guys won't admit it. :unsure:

I used to practice commercial litigation at a good-sized regional firm out of the southwest. Two years ago I moved into city government and it has been great. More golf, more family time (in that order). :LOL:

I'm a lawyer. Can't believe the rest of you guys won't admit it. :unsure:

I used to practice commercial litigation at a good-sized regional firm out of the southwest. Two years ago I moved into city government and it has been great. More golf, more family time (in that order). :LOL:

As someone who has been a municipal attorney for 15 years, I can appreciate what you stated.

I appreciate the attorneys we have in here. I know it can be a thankless job with a lot of horrible jokes fired your way. I mean, you deserve every single one of them... But I still appreciate you :)

:whistle:

General Counsel for several companies - Rent-a-Lawyer

Last edited:
I know of two, both great THPers who I can call friends.

As a former Political Science major I have a few friends who are lawyers, one works in an AG office, others in a shark tank

Married to one - She’s in house general counsel for a software company. Works hard but likes her job, most days...

I know of two, both great THPers who I can call friends.

You better be referring to me, Milk Man. ;)

Former commercial/IP litigator at a regional firm based in Milwaukee. Moved back home. Now more of a general civil litigator at a small firm. WAY more time for golf. Played twice as many rounds last year than I ever have previously.

I'm not a lawyer, but I represented myself in traffic court once, and won. Against a traffic cop even.
LOL this reminds me of something a friend of mine, also a Lawyer told me. Around here a lot of Towns hire attorneys as part time prosecutors to handle speeding tickets and violations. Generally people go in without a lawyer, talk to the prosecutor and make a deal to reduce the speeding ticket to a no point parking ticket with a fine. He told me whenever someone came in and didn't want a deal and wanted to go to trial he would tell them. "Im a pretty good Lawyer and I've won a lot of trials in my life including murder trials. You want to know what I've never won , a speeding ticket trial".

I appreciate the attorneys we have in here. I know it can be a thankless job with a lot of horrible jokes fired your way. I mean, you deserve every single one of them... But I still appreciate you :)

What do you call a bus full of lawyers going over a cliff?:unsure:

A good beginning. ;)

A woman and her young daughter were visiting a family grave. On their way through the cemetery, the little girl asked, "Mom, do they ever bury two people in the same grave?"

"Of course not," replied Mom, "Why would you think that?"

"The marker back there said... 'Here lies a lawyer and an honest man.'"

LOL this reminds me of something a friend of mine, also a Lawyer told me. Around here a lot of Towns hire attorneys as part time prosecutors to handle speeding tickets and violations. Generally people go in without a lawyer, talk to the prosecutor and make a deal to reduce the speeding ticket to a no point parking ticket with a fine. He told me whenever someone came in and didn't want a deal and wanted to go to trial he would tell them. "Im a pretty good Lawyer and I've won a lot of trials in my life including murder trials. You want to know what I've never won , a speeding ticket trial".

Plead it down to a parking on the pavement no point violation. I think in NY the fine money goes back to the town and the surcharge goes to the state. At least it did at one time and still may. Other traffic violations have fine money go to the state.

Yes I am. Mainly handle white collar criminal defense.

I have been practicing since 1988. I am always on the lookout for Dick the Butcher.

Don't worry before he would get halfway through he would be caught, arrested and tried.....but I'm sure he could find someone that would defend him and get him off on a technicality....... so then you can start worrying again.

It's funny. After dealing with estate planning and tax for 20 years, I've become a GC for 10 years, writing contracts, teaching salesmen and production teams about dealing with customers and being honest, dealing with customer's attorneys, and now my clients finally let me deal with customer and BBB complaints (construction) because business owners have little empathy :LOL: and are not good at listening. They like to tell the customer what's going to happen. Not successful.:whistle:

They said, "Jerry, you do it."

I just ask the customer to "tell me your story" and let them vent. Ask a few questions. Let them know what's in the contract. Just ask open ended questions to get them to talk ... then after I've pushed back a little "What do you think is fair?" I don't like to make the first offer; I want to see if they're reasonable or crazy, because you can't negotiate with crazy. That's when you hope they get a lawyer. Then I push back a little. Maybe offer to send out an engineer if there is a real issue with their home or a production manager.

But then you get the people who file complaints with every known consumer bureau known to man, and social media. When they do that, sometimes they screw themselves because my guy wants to say bad things about their lineage and will give them nothing. Then I need to bring him back in.

It's definitely a lot more psychology involved than dealing with estate planning and dead clients...:ROFLMAO: But at least dead men tell no lies. I hear some whoppers. Funny how peeps only remember what benefits them. You have to reel them back into reality. Interesting study of human behavior.:cool:

I am taking the Fifth on this question.

Back