How Many, new in package, golf balls do you own.

Scott F

I Putter Around
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Do you have a lot of boxes of new, unused golf balls sitting around? Like a big stock of your regular balls, ones you don’t play anymore, or gifts that aren’t what you play, or freebies? I’m not a big buyer of golf balls and I don’t stock up but I still have almost 5 dozen balls in a closet that will probably never get put in my bag. I’d bet my number is small compared to yours.

I think I currently have two dozen new in box balls out in the garage. They’re my regulars, and they’ll get played. No other new ones.

I have a whole plastic tote filled with old balls, probably 15-20 dozen in there.

Last edited:
I have 6 dozen of the balls I will game next season. Beyond that, I probably have fewer than 2 dozen new balls of other models.

i think i have a couple dozen new, but they will be played.

I'd have to check but probably 6-8 dz right now.

I have 4 dozen right now. A few different brands. Will do some experimenting on SkyTrak this winter.

I actually have about 10 dozen right now plus about another 40-50 used balls that I have retired or found. Absolutely no reason to have that many and I won't buy balls for a long time. I bought 5 dozen Snell's when they came back in yellow at the beginning of October and 6 dozen TPX5 practice balls because of the free shipping over $100 at 19.99 a dozen. I will definitely be playing these two balls through the end of the 2021. I can't imagine running out of balls before a year from now and next years black friday sales. I'd have to lose 2.4 balls a round if I play 50 rounds. I don't think I average that now although it might be close. I hope to improve on that.

18dz I bought last year when Srixon had their BOGO sale

Couple dozen. I don't usually keep that much stock unless there's a deal I can't turn down.

4 or 5 dozen, different brands and calibers of ball.

Just a little over a dozen. I don't keep much on hand, usually just a new dozen.

I just came across 3 or 4 dozen in my basement that I had lost track of. I had misplaced them but I found a couple of dozen older ProV1s and a dozen ZStar XVs the other day. I will definitely play them though.

I think I have ~8 dozen in the house at the moment, try to keep it in the 8-12 dozen range throughout the year.

Right now, I have 2 sleeves of new balls

we moved in September and didn't want to move have a bunch of balls to move

Waiting for the buy 3 get 1 free deal from Titleist to stock up ;)

I have three dozen at the moment 1 dz 2020 Chrome Soft Triple Track and 2 dz 2020 CSXTT. A well meaning customer of mine dropped off 8 dozen never played but old balls. He said he was too old to play anymore and wanted them to get used. I am sticking to premium balls from here on out so I put them on the front counter with a free sign. They got snatched up by quite a few of my customers some of which I did not know played the game. I did keep the balatas to chip with in the backyard.

I bought the entire remaining stock on Nike RZN platinums out for 8 bucks a dozen.

I still have one or two left. Pallets.

Shame they make better balls now. But for 66¢ a ball, it’s a fantastic winter ball.

Too Damn Many - I'm a "Sucker" for Black Friday Deals and then change my mind.

I have just over 6 dozen balls in the basement. I will be playing them next season.

Six dozen right now. I bought 10 dozen this season and was gifted one for secret Santa. So I went through about half of what I originally had for the year. They are all balls that I will use

I think I have maybe a dozen in my locker at the club

Possibly have a dozen in my trolley bag and definitely less than that in my carry bag

I'm down to about 4 sleeves, plus whats in the bag. Played my stock down to almost nothing this season, ready to stock up on new '21 releases, or good winter deals.

I currently have 3 dozen.

I'm guessing 3 dozen.

Back