How many of you enjoy your job?

Newman21

Reaction score
Handicap
Like the title sayshow many of you actually enjoy what you do for a living?

Would you do something different if you were given the chance? What would that job be?

Would you take a pay cut to do something you always wanted to do?

Now the real question, what is keeping you from taking that leap of faith?

I love my job as a real estate advisor.

Given the chance, I would love to be a pro golfer. Only in my dreams...:LOL:

I crunch numbers and do analysis for my company. I love what I do. If I could do anything I would do the same thing I do now except it would be for a golf company. Unfortunately none of them ever have work from home positions and I like living in Louisville. My employer, Humana, does provide the health insurance for the PGA Tour so I guess I am connected in a way.

I am blessed to say that I do enjoy my job. The day to day work can get tedious, political, and constrained by bureaucracy, but I purposefully built a career in areas where I felt I could contribute: science, education, and conservation. I am proud of what I have accomplished. I am also ready for some adjustments after 34 years of career work. I'm not looking for a change as much as I am ready to let go of some of the day to day detailed action and focus more on helping others advance and take leadership roles. I am working on that transition.

I'm surprised at the responses so far! Good for you all!

I don't love my job but I don't hate it either. I'm quite fond of the people I work with and no one stabs me in the back. Not hating a job is the bar I use to measure job happiness. Just my $0.02 though.

Not now. I took a bottom rung job to get my foot in the door with a federal job. The job is not challenging. A trained monkey could do it. Trying to get a promotion, but nepotism and the good ol' boy system are real in the federal government.

I really, really, really like my job and (most of) our clients. I love my team and I love the work we (well, mostly they) do.

I have loved it ever since I retired two and a half years ago. Prior to that, not so much.

I enjoy my job, I wouldn't say I love it. I love working with my clients (for the most part), I love that it provides a solid income, I love that I am self-employed and can make my own schedule. I dislike the ups and downs of the market. I dislike the ever changing bureaucracy BS and changes to the rules.

Love my job and hope it’s my last. Current upper management is making things more difficult to get done buts that’s on them. Once I submit the request it’s up to them to approve it. This current group is beyond slow with approvals. Like more that a month to approve a regular scheduled PM.

I love my job! Maybe I’d work in a different industry, but no complaints here.

I can’t complain, but what I do for a living isn’t what I live to do... If that makes sense?

I enjoy what I do and is xx a challenge every day. If I wasn’t doing this I’d own a bar on the beach in Costa Rica

I too enjoy my job. Managed to continue the career I had when I left the U.K., and it’s nice to work somewhere where I genuinely feel valued. If I leave, it won’t be through my decision.

Nope. I enjoy the lifestyle it affords me, but not the job.

My favorite job was motorcycle mechanic.

I crunch numbers and do analysis for my company. I love what I do. If I could do anything I would do the same thing I do now except it would be for a golf company. Unfortunately none of them ever have work from home positions and I like living in Louisville. My employer, Humana, does provide the health insurance for the PGA Tour so I guess I am connected in a way.

A good friend of mine works for Humana as well, sorta small world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm good at what I do & it's hard to find a job in this area that pays what this one does for working M-F.
Dream when I was younger was to own my restaurant, but the cost for start up is out of my range.

I love being an outside sales guy in my field. I get to see how so many things are made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t complain, but what I do for a living isn’t what I live to do... If that makes sense?

You work to live as opposed to live to work? Nothing wrong with that.

I love what I am doing right now, but I have loved most of my previous jobs at some point. I found my attitude got a whole lot more sustainable when I realized I couldn't control most of what ate me alive when those prior jobs turned sour. I've learned to view myself as an independent contractor who has had a pretty good customer (no pointy hair) for the last ten years. It also helps that I can retire when I want to - I just don't want to yet, but if my customer starts to get cranky . . . .

I've always told my kids they're gonna have two kinds of days at work:

1. I can't believe I get paid to do this.
  2. I can't believe I have to do this to get paid.
For me, most days are of the first kind.

I've got it pretty good in the way of doing what I love for a living, but I do sacrifice income in order to do it.
(I'm a professional sideman musician for a touring recording artist)

Of course this means I've been out of work (aside from a few recording projects) for 13 weeks now with no end in sight.
But I'm fortunate to have made a career in music.

Back