How many of you enjoy your job?

I used to love it, but it’s changed so much the past 8-10 years.
Now I enjoy parts of my actual work ( patient interaction, helping people) and despise the admin. and the money first approach to medicine that comes from the top.
Doctors had a lot more influence when I started. Now the good ones are getting out…..

Negative ghost rider. I would rather cut grass with scissors at this point.

Just be careful where you put those scissors. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I GOT A STORY! Landscaping gone wrong. Not sure what the end goal was, but 10 stitches probably wasn't in the cards. I've seen gunshot wounds that didn't bleed that much.

I GOT A STORY! Landscaping gone wrong. Not sure what the end goal was, but 10 stitches probably wasn't in the cards. I've seen gunshot wounds that didn't bleed that much.
I knew you would. Thanks for not elaborating. :LOL:

The working from home aspect is really the only thing I enjoy. But with more and more places offering the option, I would love to do something else

Some days yes… some days not so much

I knew you would. Thanks for not elaborating. :LOL:
I think I'm going to start a PG-13 style thread for entertainment purposes. Its about the only rewarding part of being an ER nurse.

Yes I enjoy what I do. I have been building new homes for 50 years with my brother. I'm on my final home as I'm retiring.

No, but unless there’s new litigation…they will be firing me in 3 weeks anyway. They decided to comply with the CMS mandate. Hellloooo lawsuit…

Looks like I’ll finally be out of healthcare for good.

Only other thing I’ve done is owned my own photography business but the only way to make money is weddings and I’m not doing that again.

Who knows what the next chapter will bring…

I should also state that I really enjoy working for my manager and the rest of the staff is awesome!

I feel very fortunate that I do absolutely love my job and the company I work for. I've got a great team of people reporting to me and we all seem to genuinely care about each other same with others in management. The company oftentimes bends over backwards to make sure we enjoy working there as well.

It's not necessarily work that challenges me intellectually so if there is one area it could be improved that's it. I'm trying to learn Google Cloud Development which stimulates me intellectually and can directly benefit my role since we are transitioning to cloud based so that helps with the 'boring' days.

I love my job. It's challenging and rewarding.

I don't love every single day's workload or tasks... but that doesn't change the overall satisfaction.

I had conversation with a coworker about this thread. They asked the question do I like my job or the company? I get some crazy benefits from my company that I won't list out. They have done so much for me in my personal life as well. All that being said I don't think I would stay at an awful job just for benefits. I left pharmaceuticals for semiconductors because the job was awful.

I had conversation with a coworker about this thread. They asked the question do I like my job or the company? I get some crazy benefits from my company that I won't list out. They have done so much for me in my personal life as well. All that being said I don't think I would stay at an awful job just for benefits. I left pharmaceuticals for semiconductors because the job was awful.

I've had one job I hated in my life... my first one. I was a janitors assistant at the Jr High school I had just moved on from. I'm a sophmore in HS, getting paid minimum wage ($3.75) for 3.5 hours of work - that took 5 hours to do. Eff that job. I decided after I left that job that I'd never have a job I hated again. Haven't looked back.

I've got just over 21 years in my industry. Nearly 15 of those were with one company, the rest of them with one other. Being truly appreciated, and utilized in the right way are two keys to employee happiness in my view.

Benefits and perks can make the bad days more palatable, but if that's all you have to look forward to then I'd suggest a change is in order!

I enjoy seeing this thread pop up. Job enjoyment is not a constant over time. Although I am working with one team on a very large project through Sept 2023, I have also started working with a new team to develop a project that would start in Oct 2023, if funded. For the work I do, it literally takes years to develop and fund these programs. Suddenly I have 2 overlapping jobs, and my initial reaction to the new team is not positive. Most of the 20+ people involved want to make sure we all know how smart they are and why the project should position from their work. It's exhausting. I've been down about that. Fortunately, I am a tenacious person. I keep at it. We had a good meeting yesterday with the new team, and rather than focus on the people, I let myself immerse in some very fun science topics (optical sensors, AI and machine learning, fire, snow). I learned so much. Over time, we will develop working relationships that will grow into more meaningful collaboration. I have to give things time to develop. Good reminder to myself.

I love my job because of what it is. I am Retired Air Force and I now work for Army and Air Force Exchange Services. IT is a DoD job where we deal with the retail on all Army and Air Force Bases around the world. I am a Forecast Analyst and I cover Food, Automotive, Electronics and Photo accessories. I get to make sure that my retired and current service members have what they need in the store, on base, where ever they are in the world. Supply chain sux right now and with the current Covid is not getting any better. Its taxing and long hours right ow with the way things are, but i would not change for the world. Retirement is coming in a couple of years to retire for good.....until then, I love my job.

I'll update.
I enjoy 100% of my actual job, which I spend about 75-80% of my day doing. The rest is on piddling foolishness that takes away from what I'm good at. I genuinely like my boss & most of my direct co-workers but we have some problems above & below us. It sucks the fun right out of the day. Plus, some customers are just a pain & they seem to be the ones burning most of my time. Rather than solving problems & working on things that excite me, I spend too much time putting out fires & catching the hell that flows from this small handful. But for some reason, I keep answering the phone when they call. Seems lately, every ray of "funshine" is followed by driving another nail in my coffin.

I enjoy my job it gives me total flexibility to do what i want. Even though i work for a company i really act as self employed. If i don't show up for 2 weeks no one says a word to me. It can be very stressful at times and being straight commission is not for everyone but i love it. After 23 years i have a solid client list and referral partners. Even when i get to retirement age i can do as little or as much business as i want from where ever i want!

The pandemic has changed what my job looks like. Some of it is better, but there are definitely drawbacks. If my job looked like this early in my career not sure I would have stayed, but now it has perks that did not exist in the past.

Love what I do.

About 12 years ago I enjoyed my job. The government tied patient satisfaction into reimbursement so everyone got pain meds and got hooked. Then they took them away and most turned to Heroin. Then Bath Salts. Then COVID19. Most days I’m the bug, some days the windshield.

Graduated college and stated UPT (undergraduate pilot training) in the US Air Force within 3 months and have been flying ever since. Spent 10 years on active duty flying A-10s and another 18 in the reserves flying C-130s. I left active duty on a Friday and started at an airline on a Monday. Have been at the airline for the last 24 years and have another 8 to go until mandatory retirement. I have flown the 727, 737, 757, 767, 777 and the Airbus. Over those last 35 years, been to over 25 counties, flown over the North Pole, Great Wall of China, the Pyramids and more over the Middle East that I cared too. I have always considered myself to be extremely lucky since I have never considered it a real job. I wouldn’t trade it for a thing in the world. I still get butterflies when taking the runway, pushing up the throttles and getting that 600,000 lbs hunk of metal moving to 170 mph before pulling back the yoke and lifting off. At this point in my career, I only work about 9-10 days a month, which leaves plenty of time for golf. Yeah, I guess I still enjoy it.

Last edited:
Back