How many professional golf tournaments have you attended?

Dartgod

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Any professional tour, how many have you attended?

Myself, I have only been one time. That was back when the Senior Tour was called the Senior Tour and it was at Loch Lloyd CC in Kansas City. I spent the majority of the day following a group that included Lee Trevino and Chi Chi Rodriguez. What a treat that was.

If there were more events closer to KC I would probably attend more of them. I would also love to attend a major, like the Masters, but that will likely never happen.

Let's hear yours!

I've been to the Quicken Loans tournament at Congressional and the AT&T Pro-Am at Pebble Beach. Both were very cool events!

I have been to probably 13 professional golf tournaments. The Travelers Championship and the Deutsche Bank

Just one, the Portland Cambia Classic (LPGA). I am taking the kids to the Winco (.com tour) event at Pumpkin Ridge this Thursday.

1) Senior PGA Championship at Valhalla: Awesome! It wasn't very crowded and very personable interaction with the players.
2) The Memorial: Less awesome. It wasn't overly crowded but very hilly course and not fun to walk. Was on 16 for Tiger's crazy flop shot.
3) PGA Championship (Valhalla again): waaaaaaay too crowded and I'll not go to another major. Almost has me feeling like the NFL and it's better to watch on TV.

I have only been to Champions tour events, the 3M Championship and the Principal Charity Classic. I was a walking scorer at the Principal CC and that was a lot of fun, didn't watch a lot of the players outside of my group though. But I did have John Daily in the group in front of me and Fuzzy Zoeller behind me so that was good enough.

I will be heading up to the Ryder Cup next month and am beyond pumped.

Oof.

Players 06 (all four days)
Bay Hill 08-13, 15-16
Tavistock Cup (that kinda counts right?) 2010-2014
Valspar Champ 08, 09, 2011, 2013
Masters 2011
The Open Championship 2016

Outback ProAm 08, 09, 10, 11
LPGA Tour Championship 10

Oof.

Players 06 (all four days)
Bay Hill 08-13, 15-16
Tavistock Cup (that kinda counts right?) 2010-2014
Valspar Champ 08, 09, 2011, 2013
Masters 2011
The Open Championship 2016

Outback ProAm 08, 09, 10, 11
LPGA Tour Championship 10
I'd say you've been to a few.

Just one senior tour event about 25 years ago. I've had the chance to go to other events, but I always choose playing golf over watching it.

I've been to a few a bunch of times - the Masters a few times (practice rounds), what's now called the Wyndham several times, 3 US Opens, and the Vantage Championship (an old Senior event) several times. I live 20 minutes away from Quail Hollow, but have never been to the Wells, 20 minutes away from River Run, but never been to the web.com event there.

I have tickets to next years PGA at Quail and hope to see the Wells in Wilmington.

Two. A Senior event in the mid '90s and a Duramed Futures Tour event in 2009.

Quite a few, most on the Lower tours, but all fun to attend and watch!

2, both in Rochester, NY. LPGA event and the PGA championship that Dufner won.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Two. A Senior event in the mid '90s and a Duramed Futures Tour event in 2009.
Was that Senior event at Loch Lloyd? I'm trying to find out how many years they held it there, but not much luck.

0. Might try to get to the BMW here in Indy this year.

I have volunteered for a lot of tournaments so I have been to a lot of tournaments. I am not sure I can even name them all, but I will give it a shot.

Masters - 6 times (practice rounds only)
U.S. Open - 2014 mens
U.S. Open - 2014 womens
PGA Championshop - 2011
Stadion Classic (Web.com)
Legends of Golf (Champions)
Mitsubishi Classic x 2(Champions)
Bellsouth Classic x 2
AT&T Classic x 2
Wells Fargo x 4
RSM (formerly the McGladrey) x 6
Tour Championship x 12

Seems like I might be missing one or two as well.

I've only attended one at Callaway Gardens here in Georgia but I'd like to attend the Master's one day and the Tour Championship at East Lake here in ATL

I've been to too many to remember. It's over two dozen and this is due to client meeting or outings we would hold.

I have volunteered for a lot of tournaments so I have been to a lot of tournaments. I am not sure I can even name them all, but I will give it a shot.

Masters - 6 times (practice rounds only)
U.S. Open - 2014 mens
U.S. Open - 2014 womens
PGA Championshop - 2011
Stadion Classic (Web.com)
Legends of Golf (Champions)
Mitsubishi Classic x 2(Champions)
Bellsouth Classic x 2
AT&T Classic x 2
Wells Fargo x 4
RSM (formerly the McGladrey) x 6
Tour Championship x 12

Seems like I might be missing one or two as well.

6 Masters practice rounds? Good grief are those all lottery or just drive and buy one from a scalper?

Went to the Bellsouth Classic, and then when it became the A&T Classic, at Sugarloaf a few times, including the time Mickelson won by 39 strokes. Went to the Valspar at Innisbrook last year. Went to the Honda Classic back in 92 at Weston Hills when Corey Pavin won.

2. RBC Canadian Open and the Telus World Skins Game.

6 Masters practice rounds? Good grief are those all lottery or just drive and buy one from a scalper?

I have never paid more than face value for a ticket. I have been quite lucky. I went for the 1st time in 1990 when you could still just walk up to the ticket booth, give them a $20.00 and you were set for the day. I won the lottery once and the other times friends or family have gotten tickets then hooked me up. I am going back in 2017 as my sister got tickets for the 1st time in the lottery and she let me buy 2 of them.

LPGA event at Magnolia Grove (RTJ Golf Trail) in Mobile, AL back in 2009.
Volunteered for the Senior Players in June at the Philadelphia Cricket Club.

Back