How Many Putts Per Round?

I would be I would be around 40. :mad:

I am going to guess 38. I am usually in the low 30s, so an extra 1 every 2 to 3 holes sounds about right.

I've tested the theory that I can play 2-putt rounds with a wedge, and I can. Hitting every GIR might push the total by a couple on the right day, but I've never hit all the greens without some tap in birdies either.

Lol'ing at the guys saying they'd buy a new one. Didn't even occur to me. My club doesn't sell putters. I'd probably scrounge through the left-on-course pile for something, but unless it was a close match I'd stick with the wedge.

With my putter I'm at 36...so without it....54.

Lol, I would have a ton. I always marvel at how easy the pros make it look when putting with a wedge when they do it. I'd have a bad time and would be 3+ putting a lot. I'd say 40+ easy.

I’d guess an extra 5 putts so about 36 or 37. I have putted in a tournament long with a 2 iron when I decided to snap my putter over my knee on the back nine.

unless i am really on and hitting it close to the pin, i am thinking i would at least 2 putt every hole with a few 3 putts. so i am going with about 40ish putts with my 3 wood. i would pick a 3 wood because it is mostly flat but huge like a driver. i wouldn't trust myself to blade a wedge every time....i could see me popping one up here and there...lol

i would likely putt with my HW so i am guessing it would be in the 30-35 range. i dont think it would be off my normal putting (at least I hope it wouldnt)

Great question i would use my hybrid to putt but i would guess i would be about 42 putts or so!

Probably 45 or so. It's going to take me several holes to get the speed down and my aim will be :poop: . I think I would use my hybrid.

I'd say probably 40-45 depending on proximity to the hole. I'm pretty good with the blade of the lob wedge, use it quite often when to lazy to change clubs if it doesn't mean anything.

I would guess somewhere near 40 (maybe a few more, maybe a few less). I would not have a problem using my wedge for this.

I'd expect 45 but goal would be 40.

I average about 2 putts per hole with a putter that I like. That's improving slowly. So without a putter, oh my. I would be at least 3 putts per hole unless I had a great ball striking day and put the ball close and in the right locations on a lot of holes.

I'd say around 45.. If I can two putt the majority, maybe a miracle 1 putt depending proximity to the hole, but a buuuunch of 3 putts

29 - 32 unless there's 18 putts over 40'... I can putt very well with my 58-degree wedge inside that length. I'd probably use an 8-iron for putts over 40'.

I’d 3 putt most 2 putt if lucky so a 40 would be a safe bet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd guess it would be somewhere in the high 30's-- likely putting with my 3 or 5 wood so.....

Guessing 45ish bellied wedges. A golf buddy plays many of his putts that way and is better putting with his wedge than I am with my putter. So demoralizing.

Last edited:
Ugh, it's going to be ugly for sure. I'm going to guess at least 45-50.

29-35 usually. Always dictates the scoring thats for sure.....and of course OB lol #EmbraceTheFade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would more than likely be using my hybrid.

I would expect a decent amount of 3 putts. Notvery many one putts unless I stuffa few. Soooo let’s say 2.5-2.8 putts per hole.

You break your putter on the range. You are forced to putt with another club in your bag for the entire round.

Let's assume for arguments sake we say you are going to hit every single green in regulation, but you are playing a course with rather large greens. You can use any club in your bag for putting, but you dont have a putter.
How many putts per round are you going to have?

I wonder how many people skim this thread and answer based on the title?
Normally around 30. So I'll say close to 40 with my 4H

Back