How Many Putts Per Round?

I played without a putter in a 3 club league night and it was ugly. I would probably be around 40-45 putts.

Probably around 36 putts, although I’m not too bad putting with a wedge.

I'd like to say 35 but that's too optimistic. Keeping it under 40 would be the goal. Mix of clubs (hybrid, 7i, and wedge) for the putter or wedge only? Hmmmm....

@Gunner had a theory once that I was actually a BETTER putter with my 60 degree wedge than my putter. There is zero explanation for this other than I’m a terrible putter most of the time. I’d say 30-35

What I would be interested in is what club would everyone use to putt with. I think I would take at least 50 for 18. My course has very large greens so perhaps even more that that. I would use a three wood to putt when lagging. For short putts I would use my sand wedge and use the leading edge to try and make the putt.

Probably around 35 or 40. I could still just putt with my 7-iron, hit it thin and still get a decent roll on the ball.

Maybe a few more than usual. I don't think it would be a total disaster. I can putt with my chipper which has a putting grip on it and is at a putting angle.

Maybe 3-4 more than normal. I’m pretty good putting with a wedge. Do it a few times a year in limited club tournaments.

In the ballpark of 35-40 with my 3 wood or hybrid

I tried this exact thing earlier this year on a whim.
I putted with my 18* hybrid the whole round.
I only had 4, 3 putts and had 4, 1 putts for a total of 36 putts.

Back