How many rounds in a row can you birdie at least one hole?

Couldn't putt to start so finally wedged to kick in range on #3 for 72.

Finally... by hole 3. I can't imagine the anticipation of 2 straight holes without a birdie.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The wording there probably isn't the best, but I meant it as I should have birdied one or both of the first 2. I had really good looks. That's all.

2; took care of business on #2, with a smooth 5h off the tee and knock-down 52* wedge to 8 feet. It was the only putt I hit all day.

After 2 straight shutouts I got a pair yesterday. Back in the thread at 1 round and did it @OldandStiff style with birdies on the first 2 holes. I've played that course maybe 15 times over the past several years and don't ever recall making bird on either of those holes.

Extended the streak to 9 with four birdies today.

Up to 5 with 3 today.

after a couple rounds without a birdie, i had a couple birdies in my last round to hopefully start a new streak

3 birds for 18.

Right out of the gate, and double digit birdies today, but it counts as 1 more round.

Right out of the gate, and double digit birdies today, but it counts as 1 more round.

You must be a great putter. I feel like I had 8 legitimate looks at bird today and converted only three. One of the three was a two putt, when I reached a par 5 in two, so there was nothing special about my putting there. I would love to convert a couple more per round.

You must be a great putter. I feel like I had 8 legitimate looks at bird today and converted only three. One of the three was a two putt, when I reached a par 5 in two, so there was nothing special about my putting there. I would love to convert a couple more per round.
I'm a good putter, and putted well today, but the putts matter too. I play to good putting position more than most, and I was pretty lights out on approach today. I missed one green, and other than that was outside of 15' one other time I think. 5'✅, 4'✅, 13'❌, 14'✅, 9'❌, 11'❌, 7'✅, 18'❌, 6'✅, 10'❌, 13'❌, 10'✅, 14'✅, Sand, 6'✅, 15'❌, 9'✅, 13'✅ The last putt was the only putt I made with more than 8" of break I think. You know I track that. Position and the putts matter. And it's a lot easier to get in a rhythm when your putts look like that. Not that a day like today is typical thougjh.

I'm a good putter, and putted well today, but the putts matter too. I play to good putting position more than most, and I was pretty lights out on approach today. I missed one green, and other than that was outside of 15' one other time I think. 5'✅, 4'✅, 13'❌, 14'✅, 9'❌, 11'❌, 7'✅, 18'❌, 6'✅, 10'❌, 13'❌, 10'✅, 14'✅, Sand, 6'✅, 15'❌, 9'✅, 13'✅ The last putt was the only putt I made with more than 8" of break I think. You know I track that. Position and the putts matter. And it's a lot easier to get in a rhythm when your putts look like that. Not that a day like today is typical thougjh.
It’s true that good putting starts with a good position from which to putt. The two putts that I made were under 10’, with a little right to left break in them. Five of your made putts were under 10’.

Last edited:
It’s true that good putting starts with a good position From which to putt. The two putts that I made were under 10’, with a little left to right break in them. Five of your made putts were under 10’.
Go by 10' and under, and it's 7 of them. 7 for 9. Which is a good day. I work hard to have a lot of them under 12' though, because the percentages drop off like crazy outside of that.

How did your streak ever end @OldandStiff? You're a machine

Currently have my record 3 rounds in a row with birdies currently, ironically on some of the hardest courses I've ever played. I didn't even break 100 on one of the rounds. Although, they did have really nice greens and I was putting extremely well for me.

A few triples and quad blow up holes make my scores look like I wouldn't even know what a birdie attempt looks like.

Time to start a new streak! Two birdies in a row yesterday takes me to 1 round.

I’m happy to finally be able to post in this thread - 2 round streak is my best so far! Sadly it ended yesterday - had two great looks for birdies that both came up about a ball length short and ones I should have made.

I cannot overemphasize how much I agree with previous comments about how putting position matters. The difference between a technical GIR but with a horrible 30 ft winding putt for birdie, vs. a GIR leaving you 10 ft. or less is just huge, as I found out the hard way.

Took the streak to 10 today with 2 birdies - which was surprising considering the game (or lack thereof) I had going on.

74 this morning and 75 on a quick 9 with the drunks.

4 today to move to 6. It was a birdie or bust round. Had 3 doubles and a slew of bogeys also....

Missed a bunny in my one good chance for birdie last round. Streak resets. If the weather holds I'll have a chance to restart the streak today.

2021 total holes: 99
2021 birdies: 7
Reality setting back in and missed a few during my last 9 holes. Total holes increases, birdie count does not.

2021 total holes: 108
2021 birdies: 7

Back