How many shots do you have in your bag?

push..pull..hook..snap hook..slice..power slice..duff...thin..skull..

I have all of the shots, it is just hitting them intentionally that is the rub.

Full Swing? 3. Straight, high-fade, and a low punch....

Still trying to find out where my sand game went from 2 years ago.

Straight, knock down, stinger, fade, power fade, super power fade, push, hook, high straight, high fade, fat, super fat, flop and flop fade oh and my least favorite wtf

No one has mentioned one of my favorite go-to trouble shots, the trap-draw. Basically it is aiming the body at address on the line the ball needs to start on, and closing the clubface to square with the target - very important for the hands to lead thru the swing and to release, rather unlike a punch draw, where you hold the wrists release. This shot is great when you have to get around a tree or other obstacle.

Actually the larger headed drivers stole one of my shots. With the smaller headed drivers of yesteryear, from a thick rough lie I could take the driver, open the clubface a bit extremely, and swing aggressively, trying to hit the ball with the hosel. I could move the ball a very long way from a heavy lie, very useful after a poor drive on a par 5 for instance. With todays 460 heads with no hosel, this shot is history.

I only have 2 - an average shot & a below average shot. lol

Does a chutt count?

I guess I should call them out:

Draw, fade, straight, high draw, power fade, low running fade and draw, stinger, knock down, punch, lob, pitch, chip, bump and run, low checker, dead hand, ice cream scoop. Any others?

Let's see...Draw, fade, and straight I can do. High draw I can only do off a tee. Power fade and low running fade I can do. Knockdown, punch,lob,pitch,chip, b&r, low checker I can do...never heard of the last two lol.

I think the one thing I see pros do that I wish I could do is hit their club on the other side (lefty/righty) when they can't take their normal stance.

Draw, fade, straight, high draw, power fade, low running draw, trap draw, stinger, knock down, punch, punch draw, lob, pitch, chip, bump and run, low checker, hook wedge, belly wedge

TTing

From the tee or on longer approach shots; not many, maybe 2-3.

With the wedges and around the greens I get pretty creative.

Chipped via Tapatalk, never chutted.
Same. Not great at spinning the ball, but i can find my ways around having to spin it.

I have 2 shots.
1) Good
2) WTH was that?!?!?!

At the moment, this is probably my choice as well....

If I really concentrate I can deliberately draw and fade the ball but I can't guarantee it will end up where I want it

Usually the draw and fade have a habit of appearing when you least want them to....ie water on the left will promote a draw... :angry:

Draw, fade, straight, high draw, power fade, low running fade and draw, stinger, knock down, punch, lob, pitch, chip, bump and run, low checker, dead hand, ice cream scoop. Any others?

Great topic Tadashi!

When I'm on a roll, and I'm able to shape some shots, I can say I've got:

draw, fade, straight, power fade (close to slice), low running draw, stinger, punch, lob, pitch, chip, bump and run. So...about 10-12.

The biggest problem for me would be hitting draw & fade from the tee with a driver, it's a bigger lottery, but if I pick up my hybrid or irons for a tee shot then I've got them more secured.

My personal favorite and most reliable shot is the "choke at the TeeBox if someone's watching". While I am capable of hitting it on any of the 18 holes its particularly pronounced on the 1st Tee during crowded weekends.

I have a number of them.

The chunk and not run
The top o the world where the ball goes about 40 yards after being topped.
The buttery cut.
The overcooked draw
The dead pull.
The "What the heck just happened"
And of course, the rope hook me haysoos

I have a number of them.

The chunk and not run
The top o the world where the ball goes about 40 yards after being topped.
The buttery cut.
The overcooked draw
The dead pull.
The "What the heck just happened"
And of course, the rope hook me haysoos

Dude, "rope hook me jaysoos"!

No one has mentioned one of my favorite go-to trouble shots, the trap-draw. Basically it is aiming the body at address on the line the ball needs to start on, and closing the clubface to square with the target - very important for the hands to lead thru the swing and to release, rather unlike a punch draw, where you hold the wrists release. This shot is great when you have to get around a tree or other obstacle.

Actually the larger headed drivers stole one of my shots. With the smaller headed drivers of yesteryear, from a thick rough lie I could take the driver, open the clubface a bit extremely, and swing aggressively, trying to hit the ball with the hosel. I could move the ball a very long way from a heavy lie, very useful after a poor drive on a par 5 for instance. With todays 460 heads with no hosel, this shot is history.

A trap draw is just a term for a descending blow onto the back of the golf ball. Depending on the angle of descent you will either get a low or high right to left. It's actually a redundancy since this is a text book right to left.

The shot you described is more of hook played with a hooded club face.

I have 2

1. The chutt
2. All the other nonsense

IN reality, probably only a few, my focus this year needs to be having more options at my disposal around the greens

My personal favorite and one I am most likely to pull off...

"What the f*** was that???"

My personal favorite and one I am most likely to pull off...

"What the f*** was that???"

aka the topped Razr Hawk 5 wood.

I have all of those. I just have no control over when they decide to show up.

I find myself having trouble keeping the ball straight. I'll master that before I add lol.

I do have a good bump and run though. Works 60% of the time.....everytime

I got the bump and run, super bump and run (where I'm around 75 -90 yards out and keep it low with a lot of run on it) fade, punch, flop, pitch, chip and straight. I usually am able to hit these on command with a pretty good success rate, with maybe the whole straight shot thing something I'd like to hit much more frequently on command.

I also have these shots that don't necessarily happen on command, but I do them often enough I probably could: hook, grounder to the left, chili dip bunker shot, slice.

I have all these shots... The only problem is I never know what shot I'm going to get until after I swing.

I have every shot in the book in my bag. I just don't always know when they are going to come out of the bag.

Back