Eh, somewhere between 15 shots and lol never going to hit it!

So, our range has a 3 foot diameter sign about 60 yards out that is pitched about 45 degrees. I hit it about 1 out of 5 times with a wedge. But your task is considerably more difficult because at 1 1/2 x 3 feet tall it has half the surface area to hit and the fact that the sign is straight up and down makes the angle more difficult to hit with a highly lofted wedge.

I would favor putting the ball back in my stance with a Mickelson hinge and hold technique to deloft the shot and am pretty confident I could hit the target in 1 of 20 shots, perhaps better with practice.

less than 20.

When I used to go to the range with a friend, we would have a bit of competition as the range had various net baskets at random distances up to 100yds and we would take it in turns to pick a target and have 5 shots at it each

That 50yd target is smaller than the nets we had to hit, so I would be happy if I could hit it inside 20 attempts

I'd hope 20...but ya never know...could be all day

From my experience doing this... can be anywhere from 3 tries to 50 :LOL:

201. The first 200 would miss. The 201st would hit it. It would be a bladed shot with little loft and go further than the rest of the wedge shots.

I would say 20-200 tries would do it.

10 to 15 with my sand wedge.

I’ll say 30…especially if I can bounce it into impact.

Just got to the range with the barrels and

I take back my 2-12 answer. 😆 Right out of the gates on a trappy warm up.

Show off. Lol
I was just trying to start figuring out how I was going to need to inside out one into a decent left wind to hit it. I think my expression shows I didn't expect it to work right off the bat. 😆

On the fly, Or bounce it in there?
In the fly < 25
Bounce < 20

20-25.
I guess I'll have to bookmark this for when it's warmer out and I can get to the range. Stay tuned for updates.

I was just trying to start figuring out how I was going to need to inside out one into a decent left wind to hit it. I think my expression shows I didn't expect it to work right off the bat. 😆

Whats the phrase again? Better lucky than good? lol.. I am kidding, I know you have lots of game. Lucky and good.

set up out back yard,,, 20 x 32 board - 50 yd... 24th chip a direct hit... thought a few before were it! but,,, So today... 24..
This is a great new challenge for me.

10-15 I'd say on average. Statistical outliers would be 1 on the good side and infinity on the bad side! lol

Back