How Many Use A 20* 5W

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
Just wondering how many of you THPers use a 5w set at 20*? I know yardages vary with each individual who uses a 20* 5w, just curious what kind of yardage to expect. This will be a new experiment for come this Spring.

Have before. As you know though it’s impossible to tell you what distance to expect, too much personal swing trait in that equation,

You will find easy launch, and the accuracy will shock you though.

Have before. As you know though it’s impossible to tell you what distance to expect, too much personal swing trait in that equation,

You will find easy launch, and the accuracy will shock you though.

That's what I'm hoping for, @Jman. The reason I'll be using a 20* 5w is because I'm putting a 3w back in the bag and it will be at 17*.
Thanks for input, @Jman. As always it is appreciated. ;) :thumb:

That's what I'm hoping for, @Jman. The reason I'll be using a 20* 5w is because I'm putting a 3w back in the bag and it will be at 17*.
Thanks for input, @Jman. As always it is appreciated. ;) :thumb:
Happy to help dude. I think that would be a fun setup, and I believe you’ll LOVE the 5w.

I have played a Heavenwood at 20 degrees with a 3 wood at 15 or 16.

Happy to help dude. I think that would be a fun setup, and I believe you’ll LOVE the 5w.

LOL, this is what old age does to you. Using higher lofts on the FWs to help me get the ball launched easily. :cool:

My 5W is 18*. I have a 7W that is 21* and works perfect for me.

My 5w is lofted up to 20, so I basically have a sub zero heavenwood. Easy to launch, easier to hold greens. Ball just goes and goes straight up :)

I have a 5w but it is a Sim Max which I believe is 18. I have 14 and 18* fairways.

I have played 20-21 degree Heavenwoods and love them. Very easy to hit off the deck.
I'm reshafting my HW with the same shaft as in my 3w & 5w.

I play 3W at 15* and Heavenwood at 20*. I’d say there is about a 20-30 yard gap.

Not a 5w, but I hit a 20* hybrid. I'll have either a 17* fairway or a 16* hybrid in the bag with it.

I have played a 20 degree 5W. Actually I think they call it a 6W at that loft. It's easy launch, but I eventually dropped it because I play a 21 degree hybrid. My 5W is 18.5 degrees. My 3W is 15.5 degrees.

I have a heavenwood that is 20 degrees. It’s awesome. Love that spot.

I just launch too high for one, playing 3w+ @12* to try to avoid moonballs. Swing flaw for sure. I can see what I’m doing wrong. I know how to fix it. I just can’t, lol.

I have a heavenwood that is 20 degrees. It’s awesome. Love that spot.

I posted this but I can’t reiterate that the heavenwood is amazing. I have an epic flash. Everyone I have hit is amazing. So easy to launch.

I’ll be doing a 5W at 17 and a 7W at 21 when we get our clubs for the Morgan Cup. I don’t hit a three wood well enough to game one. The great thing about adjustable clubs is what you think will work, may not and it gives you an option to change it.

I’ll be doing a 5W at 17 and a 7W at 21 when we get our clubs for the Morgan Cup. I don’t hit a three wood well enough to game one. The great thing about adjustable clubs is what you think will work, may not and it gives you an option to change it.
Same here , 5w at 17° then 19 ° hybrid.

Back