How many wedges do you play?

How many wedges do you play?

• Total voters
I have 4. PW, 50, 54, 58

3 - 46° / 52° / 60° - all Cleveland CBX's.

I suppose that is nominally a PW / GW / LW set up, but I can use either of the more lofted ones out of sand.

I expected a few people with just 1. Where are the minimalists?

I only have 2, but hey, women have different challenges. I carry a P and an S, prolly could ditch the S one day when I get my control back...

THP Statistics - a simple poll and question:

How many wedges you play?

Please include PW in your count. For example, I play 4 - PW, AW, SW, LW. I'm interested to see the distribution on how many folks play 5 wedges, compared to 3 (or even 2) that might open up room for more fairway wood / hybrid / long iron options.

I play 4 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three. I stop using my lob wedge

PW
AW
SW

4 for me - PW, 50, 54 & 58

4 Wedges; PW, AW, 56, &58

4 wedges for me

Pw- 46
Aw- 51

But picking up 54 and 58 to change gaps and different courses

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I play 5 (P - 47, G - 51, S - 55, L - 59, U - 63). P is Callaway Apex bent from 45 to 47 and the rest are Edel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine varies a bit depending on what I feel like I need. Right now I am playing PW, AW, and SW. I feel like at this point in my game I am not getting any benefit when I add in my LW. I feel better having more options at the top end of my bag where I feel I need them. Sometimes that changes though depending on the course and how I am handling my longer clubs at the time.

4 - pw, gw, sw, lw

Pw-44
aw-50
56*
60*

I expected a few people with just 1. Where are the minimalists?

having and using are different things. My normal partner in 2-man scrambles has 2 or 3 in his bag...don't remember which but it doesn't matter because he inevitably uses a 4i.

On a completely unrelated note, 87% of his chips/pitches get skulled a hundred yards past the green.

Need a bump and run to bounce on the fringe to lose momentum and settle below the hole? 4i rocket into the woods beyond the green. Need to land 2' onto the green and roll a long way? 4i that lands by the flag and heads off the back to visit that pond that you had not guessed was in play.

Need a soft flop to clear that sand? 4i skull into the sand.

Meanwhile, comfortably sitting in his bag are his 9i...sw...pw...lw....pretty sure he has all those now that I think about it.

So effectively, he carries one wedge...a 4i. Which most people don't consider a wedge....

4 - 46, 50, 54 and 58

I carry a set PW & AW and bag a 56 & 60.

4 here no matter which iron set Im gaming

4 wedges: PW, AW, 54 and 58

PW, GW, SW & LW for me

Four - PW, UW, SW, LW ... although, I think I may have accidentally selected three in the poll.

I'm at 4.

PW,SW,56,60

I've had 4 in the bag for quite a while in some type of configuration. For a long time I played 47/52/56/60, but with my PW going a bit farther these days they're adjusted somewhat now.

Set PW is 45*, GW is currently 49*, SW 55*, LW 60*

Back