How much do you pay for greens fees?

Scott F

I Putter Around
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
This is directed at those who are not members at a club where you pay dues or purchase an annual membership. I’m a senior and have been enjoying the discounted rates, but I still have a limit on how much I’ll pay to play. I have been playing most of my rounds at courses in Northwest Indiana where the fees are considerably cheaper (and less crowded) than the Chicago suburbs where I live. Prices for seniors, including a cart, on weekdays, have ranged from $21- $37. Do you have a limit on how much you’ll pay? What is the average cost in your area?

Last edited:
I pay $40-$79 in the morning and $28-$59 in the afternoon for the various courses in my area.

I play at a municipal course in NE Ohio. Senior rates are $23 during the week and $25 on weekends, including a cart. Regular rates are $35 and $44.

Outside of my home course I have paid anywhere from $25-48 with cart included. Most I have paid this year is $80.

Some courses are $30 some are $50, then plus the cart fees for the total of 45-70. Ill occasionally play a course a little more as well.

Obviously depends on the time of day & the course you are wanting to play. Rates seem to be higher in the morning here in Florida in the range of $45-$65. Afternoon rounds tend to be $23-$30 at some really decent courses. For me I am not going to overpay for a course & will look for those deals.

The closet decent public course (owned by the county) is 64 weekday and 104 weekend, with a cart.

Most public courses around me run from 50 for the lessor kept courses to 75 for the better courses.

$50-$75 w/ a cart is typical around here on the weekends during peak times. You can often find less expensive times during twilight, etc.

I've been playing between a few different courses depending on my feeling and their deals. 28 with a cart for 18 is the least and I think I've been around 55 for the highest. This is all southern minnesota area.

Depends on the course around here. You can find good courses that are $35 to walk mid-week, and the nice public/semi-privates you're looking at $100-ish with a cart on the weekend.

My last couple of rounds have all been walking 9. I paid $9 for a 10:24 am tee time at a local muni and $17 for a late afternoon tee time at a local public course. Usually riding 18 during the week days in my area ranges from $20-$30+. Lots of good options around here for paying less than $30 so I stick to that price range. When we go to Myrtle Beach I’ll pay a bit more but somewhere around $50 is my max. My golf budget is limited so I have to make the best of it I can.

Anywhere from $15 (the muni where I have a membership) to $75 depending on when and where I play here in North Texas.

I would say, on average, I pay in the neighborhood of $45.

This is usually a mid-morning afternoon Tee Time, which is when I play my golf.

Ok so playing in and around NYC is expensive for not so great conditions sometimes. For our regular Sunday morning at a NYC course its $75-80. If we venture out to LI its roughly the same but usually better conditions. If we venture to NJ prices are higher but much better conditions, $80-115. For weekdays the prices drop, NYC $35-50, LI same, NJ a few bucks more.
There is a big difference in conditions though, NYC courses are in horrible shape this year, the company that runs them didn't hire anyone to take care of thereafter they reopened and the bunkers are mostly now grass/weeds, forget them being raked. Tee boxes are in rough shape but surprisingly greens are good shape. I guess the super is concentrating on them. NJ courses are in immaculate shape, Architects, Royce Brook(except for some bunkers), Eagle Ridge and some others we have played.

Good thread. I am lucky to have some inexpensive courses around the Niagara Falls area and I stock up on deals through wagjag and underpar. I'm picking up the tab for four of us are playing 18 with power carts this Saturday and it is costing $80 Canadian ($60 USD) for all four!

That's a really good deal. Usually I'm paying $25-35 USD per person and I walk.

Walking $35-50, riding $55-70, we try to keep it under $65 unless it's a special round.

The ones I play are between 28 and 75, with most on the 45-60 range. I'm willing to pay more, and do sometimes, but it has to be a decent place, preferably long too. Not being a member in the year of covid is definitely costing me more with over 100 rounds played. Really hoping they sort out the network, guest, and membership stuff locally for next year.

Depending on the time of day, as a local, I pay $25-$33. Walking, or riding it doesn't matter.

One of the nicer perks is that as a local, if the course is not busy, i can play as many holes as I want. I've played 27 holes quite a few times.

Since my regular course is closed for over seeding right now, I will be paying $55-$65, cart included, at the other local course. They don't allow any extra play shenanigans over there....lol

Non locals at both courses pay much higher fees.

I expect with the summer heat gone, both these courses will raise their fees. Both are still hurting from the previous covid closures earlier this year.

Most courses I play have been around $60. The most I have only paid over $100 twice, but I have a few courses next month I'll play that are over $100. But here in Utah I typically limit it to around $60, which includes a cart.

Most public courses in my area are 35-40 for 18 and then 20-25 for a cart.

With three golfing kids, I’m usually looking for a Hot Deal to whatever ranch around has one.

Special rounds? There is no upper limit except if I can’t afford it. Most of my golf is played at around $20-$30 a round though.

And I get what I pay for, lol.

$28-40
18 holes and a cart

Depends on time of year. The public rate for my home course ranges from $35 to $100 for most tee times. In the peak of summer afternoon rounds can be found for $25-30. This is a mid tier public course in Phoenix. 18, cart included.

Generally 25 for walking

Back