How much does noise bother you when playing?

ohthehumanity

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Only bothers me if I knacker the shot. Then I blame it on the noise.

V14_Heels

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Not at all. I think this is one of the most overrated things people focus on. I see guys that swear it makes them flinch or mess up, but low and behold they hit just fine on the range where everyone is talking, hitting shots next to you, like...the range is not a quiet place? And then on top of it if you go to a place like top golf or x golf it's nothing but noise. I think this is just one of those things that people think messes them up, but I think it actually makes more sense to keep natural noise in an environment vs. making it dead silent so you aren't caught off guard with a sound.

ddstanford

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Question:
Can someone get tooo anal about noises when they are teeing off?
Indeed they can, I know guys who are completely uptight about the slightest sound.

TheDoctor

One of the UK Hackers
Reaction score
Handicap
7.4 (WHS)
General noise is okay as long as it isn't too loud, it is the sudden noise that can bother me

Lions81

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Encountered a guy playing music at the driving range today. That's a first. And I was not a fan. That's what earphones are for.

Badger_Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
I don't mind people talking while I'm hitting, but if someone yells fore on my backswing, I'm probably sunk. Just watching the pros backing off putts at the Genesis just from the sound of people driving off a nearby teebox and was wondering how quiet it has to be for you guys to keep your concentration.
It doesnt bother me at all. When Im in the middle of my swing you can talk, you can yell, you can shoot a gun off, heck, you could lay on an air horn and I wont notice. When its time to hit a shot, its kind of like everything else just falls away and its just me, the ball, the course and the shot that I need to hit. I guess its a zen thing. 🤷‍♂️

greekelite

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
If its noise that is expected or constant, like music or even consistent cars going by, then it's no issue. But the random screams or yells from people, or a random car honking, make me take an extra couple seconds to re focus. That said, I tend to tune out most stuff when I'm getting ready for a shot anyways

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in