How much does noise bother you when playing?

regular, background noise (i.e. carts, music, talking) don't bother me but if someone's phone suddenly goes off or someone just blurts something out, it kinda gets me...but i swing anyway. cause i ain't never scared...as i watch a slice or a hook :rolleyes::LOL:
I'm right there with you.

Unexpected noises have the tendency to make me lose a bit of concentration - like someone yelling, or a car horn/loud noise in my back swing.

Casual talking, or other noises that I am aware of don't bother me at all.
Same here.

I’m in the camp that consistent noise doesn’t bother me, but sudden noise would throw me off during a swing
Yeah if you're mid conversation when I'm at address with a buddy, don't all of a sudden dip to silence.

Leave the music on.

But yes. A sudden Police Siren, or a loud bird/flock of birds, will throw me off.

An unexpected noise mid-swing will bother me, but constant noise does not.

Noise doesn't bother me at all generally. Sometimes I'll have a playing partner apologize for making a noise in my swing, but I will not have even heard nor payed attention to it. A couple of months ago, I did have a big German Shephard bark just as I was transitioning into my downswing -that made me flinch. But day in and day out, noise is no big deal for me.

Background noise doesn't bother me at all, its usually loud sudden noises that make things go bad

A constant noise doesn’t bother me but I’d prefer it being quiet if given the choice. Now if someone is always talking while I hit, it makes me think you are ok with me talking while you hit too, and I can be louder. ;)

I've played golf with fighter jets flying overhead, cargo aircraft taking off and landing, and retreat signaling. Noise isn't much of an issue to me.:)

Almost not at all. Outside a sudden loud noise, it doesn't affect me. You can talk, walk, burp and fart while I'm stroking the ball.

I'm somewhere in the middle. I've played with guys who are way more sensitive not only to noise but any movement around them. I'm not totally immune to being bothered, especially unexpected noise or someone starting a conversation in my backswing.

I don't mind people talking while I'm hitting, but if someone yells fore on my backswing, I'm probably sunk. Just watching the pros backing off putts at the Genesis just from the sound of people driving off a nearby teebox and was wondering how quiet it has to be for you guys to keep your concentration.
I'm deaf, but wear hearing aids. My biggest issue is wind, that can be very loud. Most talk is a non issue, I do miss ambient noise. And rarely hear FORE! Missed getting nailed in the neck once by just a few inches scoring to a playing partner.

I'm somewhere in the middle. I've played with guys who are way more sensitive not only to noise but any movement around them. I'm not totally immune to being bothered, especially unexpected noise or someone starting a conversation in my backswing.
I've played with guys who would give you the evil eye and not talk to you the rest of the round if you made the slightest peep. I see most here are used to a bit of background noise.

I prefer noise. Really enjoy having some music going to help keep things loose.

A sudden noise is a completely different story though

Noise doesn't seem to bother me. Well, if someone were to shoot a gun as I was in my swing it may bother me but normal noise, nope. What does seem to bother me is a visual disturbance, like someone tossing an old tee that is in my field of vision. It seems like my attention is dragged away from the ball to whatever it was that caught my eye. I have a playing partner, however, that any type of noise (such a someone whispering) completely invades his concentration.

I'm ok with some background noise as long as it's not people on my tee box talking or loud sudden noises. I can block out conversations on neighboring greens and tee boxes but if it's my playing partners my mind will tend to drift and screw me up.

I've seen dudes who find mouse farts annoying - personally you can play the bagpipes in my backswing and it means zero.

It's less about noise for me; more about what the noise might be.

Chatter, background noise, etc, doesn't really matter.

"Keep your head down" or "Don't hit it in the lake" - I'm backing off and resetting.

Background noises don't bother me unless I'm putting. Loud music is annoying but it doesn't interrupt my swing. Sudden noises will definitely make me screw up a shot.

not a big deal. maybe air horns like the JACK*** movies would bother me but talking, music, cell phone... not going to mess with me.

Background noise doesn't bother me at all. I'm used to playing other sports in closed arenas with yelling, cheering and all sorts of sound making devices. That said, an explosion or something similar is likely to make me take pause. Need to be aware of surroundings still!

i really hate when my playing partner says......"show me the way" insane, right?
Just point at the fairway and say "out there somewhere" :p

Doesn't bother me at all. Growing up with my old man you couldn't let a little noise throw you off...lets just say his situational awareness is a bit lacking.

I can pretty much swing through anything, unless you make me laugh.

Oh- almost forgot. I never mentioned playing at The Silver Dollar Golf and Trap Club near my parents place in FL. Never knew when a barrage of gunshots would go off. Trap range used to be next to the 10th fairway. They moved it across the street but was then next to the 17th hole. You got used to that pretty quick.

Question:
Can someone get tooo anal about noises when they are teeing off?

Back