How Much Golf can you Handle?

Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
Let's say you were invited to join your local club, no cost to you, no strings attached, and you have no schedule conflicts (work, family, etc.)

Would you play every day? Would you play multiple times a day? Would you want to?

How long would it take you to be worn out, and have to dial it back?

Well I played 36 on Thursday and 18 yesterday. That was enough to require a day or two of rest then I could play 2 more days of 18. I’d say 72 to 90 a week max. Most likely 72 if I did it week after week.

My body is in rough shape from work; I was hurting in San Diego at Torrey after all the golf. I would have to take every other day off.

3-5 times a week for me would be lovely as long as it’s with a good group of players.

I took a week off last summer and played 18 holes a day and 27 some days. By like the 6th day, my body was so tired and it wasn't even fun because of how bad I was playing lol. But if I could play with no conflicts I would for sure still try to play at least four to five times a week even if it was just 9 sometimes

Played a private course in Sonoma/Napa (Mayacama) yesterday which required you to walk the course prior to 2pm. Not sure of slope on this course but the elevation change was a beast.... I've been nursing a bad knee for several years and this did me in.... I've been icing my knee off and on all day and has done nothing to reduce the swelling.....

That said, I would said that if I was able to ride I would play 4-5 times a week.... If I had to walk..... once... then I'd consider another club that allows riders ;)

It depends on what else I’ve got on the schedule and other obligations. I suspect that I’d be out at least 3 or 4 times a week.

Let's say you were invited to join your local club, no cost to you, no strings attached, and you have no schedule conflicts (work, family, etc.)

Would you play every day? Would you play multiple times a day? Would you want to?

How long would it take you to be worn out, and have to dial it back?
It would be a great reason to get in better shape. I would start with once every other day but hopefully get to the point I was playing daily with 27 - 36 holes happening more often

Probably 3-5 times a week as long as I moderate the pace. If I play 27 when it is hot I can tired, but I can usually still play the next day.

At least 7 rounds a week. Just like my summers.

I average about 4 times a week in the winter and 6 times a week in the summer. Hate the cold (which is sub-70 to me) but love the heat.

I don't know if I could do 18, 7 days a week...but I could play 7 days a week.

Full round every other day. Maybe some short game practice mixed in. I could handle more mentally, but not physically.

I would play 5 days a week. That would be my sweet spot.

36 holes a week suits me just fine. That, and few hours of practice each week, gives me all the golf I want to handle.

I could play more, but I have other things going on in my life.

I'd probably play 4-5 times a week. Really depends on how my back holds up, although I think it would probably help in the long run.

If say 18, 3 days a week. As a yearly average. Some weeks would go full tilt golf overload just because I could.

If I was retired and got free membership somewhere I’d probably try to play 3 times a week and a few range/practice sessions on top of that

Being retired and 67, will be 68 in a little over a month, I usually play in the warm months about twice a week that works for me. Might be able to get a third one in now and then.
Even with the set parameters here it wouldn't change.

I would play 18 per day, 5 days a week (Mon-Fri).

I have thought about this a lot and would have the following schedule:

Wake Up
Cardio
Breakfast
Gym
Practice
Lunch
18 holes
Dinner
Relax

That would leave the weekends to do non-golf activity with my family.

4-5 times per week for me

Back