How Much Golf can you Handle?

In a perfect world, I would play almost every day. On the days I didn't play, I would go fishing.

In a perfect world, I would play almost every day. On the days I didn't play, I would go fishing.
Two of my favorite hobbies!!!

I'd do what I do now, 3-5 rounds per week.

Right now only playing on Sundays, and sometimes and extra round on Saturday. Need Spring to get here and league to start to get that extra 9 in during the week.

If I had the time and joined a club as you said. I would probably play 3 times a week if I could.

after the last couple of days...I don't know if everyday is a good thing for me :rolleyes:

I would play until my body fell apart. Realistically I could probably do 2 or 3 rounds and then a day of rest.

That's a question I dearly hope to answer one day! I'd hope I could play about 4 times per week and still enjoy other activities as well.

If I didnt have a family and pets to come home and take care of, I could easily golf 7 days a week. Back before I met my wife and didnt have any responsibilties other than work, I was a member at a course that I played every day after work and on the weekends I would play at some courses that were close to my house.
I easily could golf every day and never tire of it.

For me it would all depend on how quickly I could play there. If I could always be guaranteed a three hour round I’d probably play three times a week. If it’s slow then I’d probably only want to play once a week.

I may need to rethink the 36 holes in a day. Yesterday I was really feeling it. Well I’m feeling it now too.

blue skies, nothing on the schedule, I would play at least 18 if not 36 every single day. Im also one of those sick people that actually enjoy range time so Im sure I would sprinkle in a day our two a week of 3-4 hour sessions in place of a round.

I hit a previously unknown golf limit this week. Played 18 on Sunday, played Monday with @tomcat (we didn't quite get to finish 18 due to slow pace vs. schedule issues), then played 18 on Tuesday. By the end of the round Tuesday my body wasn't having it anymore. I woke up Wednesday morning feeling like I'd spent hours in a gym. Every muscle was in full revolt. So I took Wednesday off and then played Thursday and felt great. So maybe 3 days in a row is my limit? I dunno. Two of those days I played in pretty cold and very windy conditions and I feel like that had something to do with it. But to answer the hypothetical question, I would probably want to play at least 5-6 days a week if I could.

A number of years ago on a golf trip, we played 6 rounds in 5 days (18, 36, 18, 18, 18). I was burned out by the end of the last round and didn't even want to look at my golf clubs for about a week after we got home. So at least for me, there is such a thing as "too much of a good thing".

I could do 5 days a week no problem

I’d definitely be every couple of days at least. I can play several days in a row, but not long term. I’d love to be able to, but my back would soon tell me that it’s not happening...

I played 11 rounds in 13 days once. That was during a 2 week TDY to San Antonio and I had class every day (except Sat/Sun) until 1300. I could probably throw a couple more in there if I didn't have anything else to day. I'll likely try to work a membership out somewhere once I retire fully. I'd love to play 5-6 days each week. Maybe a weekday off and twice on Saturday or Sunday.

I wish I was able to find out firsthand.. What's the lottery up to now??

Let's say you were invited to join your local club, no cost to you, no strings attached, and you have no schedule conflicts (work, family, etc.)

Would you play every day? Would you play multiple times a day? Would you want to?

How long would it take you to be worn out, and have to dial it back?
I could play 5 days a week. Someday just 9 some days 27. I dream of winning PowerBall and having that chance.

Our season is not long--basically mid-April to mid-October.
I'm a retired senior who only plays on weekdays,
but most weekdays during the season, I play on three of them and sometimes as many as five.

I ride, but I do take long, early morning walks with my dog before I go to the club for breakfast.
It's only a couple minutes up the road from me.

I can walk 9 pretty much every day if the weather is nice. If I have to play 18 back to back days I will prefer to ride just to make sure I don’t overdo it. Three 18s in a row...it’s been a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back