How Much Major Championship Golf Do you Watch?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
It is US Open week and that means a lively forum thread as well as what some consider must see TV. It is the third major of the year after a bit of a reshuffle and Torrey Pines should be a great visual backdrop for the tournament.

Lots of interesting stories are out there this week. Can Phil Mickelson do the improbably and not only complete the Grand Slam, but win back to back majors at his age? Can Bryson repeat as champion?

It will all unfold beginning Thursday but the question is will you be watching? And diving in deeper, how much Major Championship golf do you watch each tournament?

GSlam-trophies-847-1024x564.jpg

Continue reading...

I watch about 85% of all the majors. Every bit of Sunday action. Most of Saturday and then most feature coverage and will loosely follow feature groups.

On an average week I probably tune into 25% of the tournament

Can't put a number on it, but as much as I am able to. I allow life and family to get in the way (maybe in a few more years I won't). As much as I like the US Open, and normally place it well above the PGA, this years PGA venue - combined with penal nature of the rough at US Opens and all the player whining about it, make me less inclined to watch it - BUT, I'd still watch as much as I am able. I hope that the players don't try the drive and gouge - or at least that it's not successful this time.

I will likely watch about 1 hour each day Thurs and Fri of featured group coverage. On the weekend I will likely catch a couple hours of Sunday and the final 9 holes for the leaders on Sunday. That's about my maximum for watching.

A fair amount Thursday to Saturday then I sit down to watch the entirety of the last group’s final round on a Sunday 😊.

All of the Open Championship, almost all of the US Open, the majority of the PGA and about half of the Masters.

Will I be watching - No

How much do I watch of the Majors - maybe some of The Open but that is about it unless I record some highlights to watch at a later date

I really wish this was on streaming early without premium. I use PGA Live and with Major I would watch 100% Thursday and Friday and Sunday... Saturday would be spotty depending on the activities of the day and weather.

ALL OF IT unless I have a tee time. I’ll run it in the background during work hours on Thursday and Friday and then get it rolling early on Saturday and Sunday, but I don’t let it interrupt time with friends and family.

I watch the PGA every Thursday through Sunday (usually recorded and fast forward through the commercials). I will catch the hilites of the LPGA also if I am bored.

I watch the weekend rounds of the The Open, Masters, and the USO. Usually more on Sunday than Saturday.

I probably watch more of The Masters than the other two.

I have it on from day one. It is easy to watch when working from home!

I try to watch as much as possible.
I'll be driving on Sunday, so I'll miss a good bit of this one.

Pretty much, unless I'm golfing, I'm watching.

Both opens and the masters I’ll make a point to watch. Particularly on the weekend. Most other golf I catch if I don’t have anything else going on

I like to watch them all and I like to watch as much as I can but I probably only get about 75% of the broadcasts watched.

As much as I can. Even in my hiatus from golf, I would tune in for Sunday's of majors. Now that i'm fully immersed in golf, I'll be streaming as much as I can. I will be recording Saturday for viewing post AZTHP action.

The past 5 years I have watched a lot more golf. I make it a habit to record Saturday and Sunday and put on the first 2 rounds in the background if I am home. I am more interested in the courses, than the actual play, but they go hand in hand. Wifi out by the pool with the 4th round playing and a cold drink.

Hoping to watch at least a good portion of the final round. I usually have a lot going on during weekends so I will watch however much fits in.

My favorite major is the Open though, and the morning timing allows me to catch most of the weekend play without burning the entire day.

I will watch a lot this week since it hits primetime. Gives me time to do my business during the day and set down and relax with golf in the evening. I love West Coast golf.

I tend to watch the Major's more than regular Tour events. I don't know the time length though. I tend to watch The Master's the most, then either Open and the least being the PGA.

I golf on Fridays and Saturdays, so I either DVR those days or watch the rebroadcast in the evening. Thursday I usually watch most of the TV coverage, Sunday is usually start to finish. The Open is probably the one I watch the least of, just because of the time zone differences.

I don't subscribe to any of the online streaming services, so if it's not on Golf Channel, ESPN, or network TV, I'm not watching it.

I watch as much of the majors as I possibly can.

I want to watch all of it but it is hard. I hardly watched any of the PGA. The Masters is the one I watched the most of.

I'll easily watch double the coverage for a major vs a standard event. And that's primarily because majors are more available through apps then standard events. I don't have PGA live, so usually I start watching around 3 eastern with Golf Channel coverage on Thrs and Fri, and most events I will watch sparingly on Sat and then tune in Sunday for the final round. With majors I am locked in through the various apps watching feature groups or certain holes from the word go and then the regular coverage once it starts all 4 days. If I'm golfing on the weekend, it's early to be home in time for tv coverage.

Back