How much of a daredevil are you?

Ride motorcycles, been on some hairy roller coasters, did headfirst slides playing ball, bodysurfed rough waters in Hawaii during my life. At 63, I just look back and smile at the reckless abandon way I did things. It was fun and I did not think about danger or injury.

Ride motorcycles, been on some hairy roller coasters, did headfirst slides playing ball, bodysurfed rough waters in Hawaii during my life. At 63, I just look back and smile at the reckless abandon way I did things. It was fun and I did not think about danger or injury.
When I was younger, one of my greatest fears was growing old and having a bunch of things I wished I had done when I was younger. As I now start approaching “old”, I’m very satisfied that I didn’t leave much on the plate. I feel like I attacked life with zeal and hunger and had a lot of fun in the process!

Second time I ever rose a motorcycle was when I was 17 and proceeded to do 150 mph on it on a highway. The next day I crashed a rented dirt bike and broke my collar bone. I have never been back on a two wheeled motorized vehicle.
...and that's why emergency room personnel call them donorcycles.

When I was younger, one of my greatest fears was growing old and having a bunch of things I wished I had done when I was younger. As I now start approaching “old”, I’m very satisfied that I didn’t leave much on the plate. I feel like I attacked life with zeal and hunger and had a lot of fun in the process!
Kind of the same for me. The only one I never got around to was skydiving, the wife kind of vetoed that when the kids were growing up, an no way I want to do it strapped to someones else. How does that count, you're just along for the ride. Not likely to ever get around to that one, because I'd have to do it the old-school way to see if I really could jump out of a perfectly good airplane. No regrets though, I've done most of the things I wanted to, and a lot of things that most people never get to try. :drinks:

Kind of the same for me. The only one I never got around to was skydiving, the wife kind of vetoed that when the kids were growing up, an no way I want to do it strapped to someones else. How does that count, you're just along for the ride. Not likely to ever get around to that one, because I'd have to do it the old-school way to see if I really could jump out of a perfectly good airplane. No regrets though, I've done most of the things I wanted to, and a lot of things that most people never get to try. :drinks:
Skydiving was the one I never got around to either. I've parasailed (both behind boats over water and behind pickup trucks over land) and bungee jumped, but never jumped out of an airplane. I would have liked to have done it, but I'm okay with it.

Back