How much wind is too much wind?

I don't think there can be too much wind for me, but if there is anything over 20mph, I'd prefer to play with friends since we can make a fun, comical competition out of it.

I love playing in the wind.

Low Temperature + wind = absolutely no way.

I’m making my kids practice today. It’s currently howling 28-30 :LOL:
Going to college in Lubbock I played in a lot of this. It's just a normal breeze.:ROFLMAO:

Current weather … strong wind overnight , property damage expected and increasing wind to potential 110-115 kmh . Gimme a ball !!! Hahahha

Looks like the PGA Tour is in Bermuda this week with extremely tough conditions. Rain and wind.

Two and 3 club wind can be quite brutal and mentally taxing but playable. Forecast for today is 30 mph winds gusting to 50 mph. That is too much for me. lol

My son played in a JV tournament today near Ft Worth -- it was bad out there. Think we have 4-5 club wind today. 3 is about my limit.

I love playing in the wind up to a point. I once was on course where birds could only go in one direction. That was no fun.

There is also a huge difference in where that wind is coming from.

A daily onshore SW Florida Gulf Coast 15mph isn't quite the same as 15mph Oklahoma daily breeze. These daily out here in Okie land are amazing compared the those gulf breezes in SW FL

I played in quite a few SW FL tropical storms over the years as well.....those are a different breed as well. I remember playing Gasparilla in a 57mph tropical just because I could..... fun times

Any wind...I hate wind. So much :ROFLMAO:

But you're so right. high wind rounds are exhausting. Mentally and physically

Agreed, wind sucks! I would like 1 or less clubs of wind.

When it starts really affecting putts.

It's complicated math that takes into account the wind, temperature, course, attendees, how desperate I am/how long it's been, when I'll get to play again, and if I have new clubs to play.

I usually play. People in the Live Round thread used to ask if I only played in ridiculously windy conditions when I lived in Nebraska.

Unusual not to have 20mph where I live, when it gets into the 30’s towards 40 that’s too much for golf to be fun.

Agreed, wind sucks! I would like 1 or less clubs of wind.
I'll take "uncreative" golf all day. I have enough trouble playing right now when the conditions are calm. I don't need to add a whole other variable to this hard as hell game. Give me boring calm conditions every single time!

I play in wind all the time. It's the nature of where I live. Doesn't mean I have to like it :LOL:

I'll take "uncreative" golf all day. I have enough trouble playing right now when the conditions are calm. I don't need to add a whole other variable to this hard as hell game. Give me boring calm conditions every single time!

I play in wind all the time. It's the nature of where I live. Doesn't mean I have to like it :LOL:
You should practice more in a wind tunnel lol

The one way I do like wind is messing with the weather conditions on sim software. I'd be all for practicing in a wind tunnel if I personally didn't have to deal with the wind lol

I must admit
The one way I do like wind is messing with the weather conditions on sim software. I'd be all for practicing in a wind tunnel if I personally didn't have to deal with the wind lol
hahaha I must admit I don’t like boring same conditions day after day sameness . Makes u better golf being tested lol

I must admit

hahaha I must admit I don’t like boring same conditions day after day sameness . Makes u better golf being tested lol
I need to get better at golf in those boring conditions before I worry about anything else :LOL:

Many years ago, when I lived in Iowa, if the wind kept blowing my carry bag off my back, it was too windy to play. (I can still remember hitting 3-iron on a short par 3. Brutal.)

Now, 20+ mph wind at the home course is extremely taxing due to the uphill/downhill terrain.

At the beach, when the weather is warm, let it blow.

I tap out on anything over 15mph. we play a tree less links style course most often and when weather channel says 15 in the nearby city that is not fun to play in.

As a mid-handicapper I feel it actually creates bad habits of trying to swing too hard for me.

Too much is over 25. 15+ is extremely challenging.

No one would want to play in the howling I hear in North Texas outside my window.:oops:

I tap out on anything over 15mph. we play a tree less links style course most often and when weather channel says 15 in the nearby city that is not fun to play in.

As a mid-handicapper I feel it actually creates bad habits of trying to swing too hard for me.
I just keep thinking "Swing easy when it's breezy!"

anything over 20mph is super annoying. I don’t mind a little breeze but when it gusts and constantly changes direction that’s the worst!
I agree. 20 isn’t something where I won’t play, but if I am looking at a casual practice round by myself and the wind is 20+, I am probably not going.

that brings me to another pet peeve: arccos goes off wind forecast and I understand it so that it is legal to use, but today was showing 6mph the opposite way the 10-15 mph winds were going. I shared a screen shot today that showed me hitting a 305 yard drive with a 6mph crosswind; the wind was quite a bit heavier than that and right behind me 😂

Back