How Much Would You Pay For Extra Yards

drp3434

I'm either golfing or wishing I was golfing
Reaction score
Handicap
Speaking just about drivers, how much money would you spend to add yardage to your AVERAGE distance off the tee? We see players gaining yards getting fit with new clubs, but let's pretend there was a golf fairy and you could pay him to gain 5-20 yards.

For me:

5 yards - $25
10 yards - $50
15 yards - $75
20 yards - $100

I'm cheap :D

One time fee of $100 for 20 yards added to my avg. drive? Sign me up.

20 yards would be huge, would pay $100 in a heartbeat.

Definitely $100 for 20 more yards - that would be awesome.

Haha no way, Danny is cheap? I'd have never guessed :alien:

For me, I paid about $275 for an extra 5-10 yards average earlier this year (Vapor Pro). If you're counting the $229 I spent on the PX event to put a sweet custom shaft in there, that makes it about $500...although there's a lot that I got for that cost that goes WAY beyond a few extra yards.

So, I guess it depends.

$100 is the max I'd pay for 20 yards. Wondering what you'd pay for each of those added distances. For instance, a new driver may cost you $300 for 10 extra yards (granted added forgiveness may also be part of that).

Zero. If I needed more yards, I'd rather get them myself, but I've got other issues.

$100 is the max I'd pay for 20 yards. Wondering what you'd pay for each of those added distances. For instance, a new driver may cost you $300 for 10 extra yards (granted added forgiveness may also be part of that).

Hard to isolate I guess. If it's literally just "give me $XX and I'll give you YY extra yards", I'd probably pay up to $200 for a straight up extra 20 yards. But then, I'm not as long off the tee as some so that extra distance would be more valuable to me than it might be to others. An extra 20 yards off the tee would make an absolutely massive change in my game. Now I'm hitting a 7 iron in on that long par 4 instead of a 5 - that's huge.

I pay $70 a month for internet. I can add all the yards I want!

An extra 20 yards off the tee would make an absolutely massive change in my game. Now I'm hitting a 7 iron in on that long par 4 instead of a 5 - that's huge.
That would be huge. And could mean more opportunities for going at a par 5 in two.

Extra yards is not something I chase. But I would pay a pretty penny to cut my dispersion.

That would be huge. And could mean more opportunities for going at a par 5 in two.

Absolutely would! Can't count the number of times I hit a good drive and have 250-270 left, which is borderline, but the extra 20 makes that 230-250, which is much more attainable.

Whatever the fairy asks that I can get without selling my car (need that to get to the course) or the house.

I pay $70 a month for internet. I can add all the yards I want!
Next thing you're going to tell me is your average drives are 341 yards...

I'm still paying off my extra yardage in sore wrists and callouses.

So maybe I'd pay a couple hundred to get rid of the sore wrists and finger growths hahaha

I'd probably go $100 for 20 yards

Take my $100.

I would pay the $100 for 20 yards, but it's doubtful I would pay anything for any less than 20. 5-10 yards on most holes won't make that much difference to me to spend any money on it.

The price of a shaft for my recently acquired J815 is what I'd pay.

Nah, distance is a fine, but if I could pay for a closer proximity to the hole. That would be a different story.

100.00 for 20 yards - absolutely! That would put shorter irons in my hand much more often, which is a good part of my game.

For 20 yards off the tee? $400.

I'd buy a new driver today if it gave me a consistent 20 yards further off the tee.

Instead I'm doing it the expensive way, spending about $2k this year for lessons. Upside, they're getting me more than 20 yards with all my clubs, and the ball goes straighter too.

I will only do I if I can maintain accuracy, I have a $400 plus dollar driver that's longer than my gamer but I can't hit the same amount of fairways with it.

Long and accurate? Id pay a grand

I'm content with my current distance. How much for more fairways?

Back