How often do you buy new shoes?

How often do you buy new shoes?

• * I replace spikes, not shoes

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • * I always have new kicks every season 'cause I'm styling' and have a collection

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • * I replace them when my foot goes through the bottom

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • * I don't really think about it, just get new ones when I feel like it

Votes: 53 67.1%

• Total voters

NullNomad

Golf Course Miscreant
Reaction score
Handicap
work
I did a quick look and didn't see a shoe conversation from this particular angle, so if it's a duplicate I apologize.

The Mrs and I were out playing yesterday and she commented on how her spikeless FJ's were just about bald and my ECCO's look like they had been chewed on by the dog. Both pair are only about a season and a half old. Now we do play about 2-4+ rounds a month and in all kinds of weather conditions. So the question popped in my mind wondering how often most avid golfers change their shoes. So which is it?

• I replace spikes, not shoes.
  • I always have new kicks every season 'cause I'm styling' and have a collection
  • I replace them when my foot goes through the bottom
  • I don't really think about it, just get new ones when I feel like it

Don't really have a set time when I buy shoes it always a spur of the moment thing.

I answered that I buy shoes every year, but it's really not due to need. Mostly seeing at least one or two styles I like each year, so I'll pick them up. I generally keep golf shoes for two years at most, then either throw them out or donate them to the local thrift store.

I feel like I have too many pair now (5) but I have friends who have dozens. I also change spikes, if the shoe isn't too warn. I say, you can't have too many pairs of golf shoes...

I buy new shoes every year. I think I'm up to 12 or 13 pair without really thinking hard about it. I'm trying to slow down a bit and not buy so many lol but with having a bunch and being able to switch them up makes them all last longer.

Last edited:
Every year, a couple times a year lol. I have a problem.

I use to go years without replacing them, but now that I play over 100 rounds/year I replace mine every season. However, I keep 3 pairs in the rotation, so I might not replace all three pairs. Usually I will replace one or two when with the latest and greatest and keep the least worn for another season.

This year, however I replaced all three pairs since I moved to spikeless. I got an unbelievable deal on 2 pairs of last years Puma Bio Leather shoes.

I typically go every 2 years. Alternate between white and black.

I think i end up with a new pair every year or so

I'd like to get a new pair every year, but I don't. Mainly because my wife won't let me. lol

I can't say i have ever thought about it. If I find a pair I like at a price I like I buy them, can't say i have ever replaced a spike or worn a pair out.

I buy a new pair every year. One year it'll be a spiked waterproof version for foul weather, the next will be a classic spikeless pair that I can wear to work and golf. That rotation seems to work (2 years of use out of each pair).

That being said, if I walk into a golf store and find a pair of shoes I like that are priced right, I don't hesitate to buy them.

I buy a new pair every year. One year it'll be a spiked waterproof version for foul weather, the next will be a classic spikeless pair that I can wear to work and golf. That rotation seems to work (2 years of use out of each pair).

That being said, if I walk into a golf store and find a pair of shoes I like that are priced right, I don't hesitate to buy them.

This explains me perfectly. Saved me some typing.

I lean towards when they wear out, but will add pairs here and there if there's a good reason. I have a rain pair, a really grippy pair, a hot day pair, and a spikeless pair. The hot day pair is really starting to show its age - on my third set of spikes for that pair.

I hadn't purchased new shoes in two years,. This year however I've picked up two pairs. Love my new FJ DNA's.

Don't really think about it honestly....once they start to be uncomfortable I guess....

The pair of Nikes I have now are on there 2nd season.

I don't think I do it intentionally, but it ends up being a couple pairs each golf season!

too often.

Every couple years usually.

I have two pairs that I've worn for years and I'm currently looking for a new pair to replace my Nike's. Usually I just replace the spikes.

I'm a golf shoe addict but mainly because I wear golf shoes pretty much all the time. I've probably purchased 6 pairs in the last year. True Linkswear is my main squeeze when it comes to shoes.

I usually buy a new pair when the old wear out.
HOWEVER, I now have 7 pairs and one is about to wear out, I will replace that pair. And probably pick up another pair or two.
It helps to rotate the shoes, which I do, as I play 150+ rounds a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i see a pair of shoes i like and buy them. Just did that with a pair of New Balance minimus. So far so good!

Back