How often do you change the shafts in your irons?

OITW

Reaction score
I have a set of Bridgestone J15 DPF

I change the shafts in them every year.

Started with TT DG Pros

Swapped those out for TT DG AMT White

Moved on from those into KBS Tour 105s

Back into some TT goodness with the Elevate Tours

How often/many times do you change the shafts in your irons?

Only once so far in my Hogan’s (I’ve had them since June). The Adams I’ve had since 2012, at least 10x and that was with a 5yr hiatus.

I'll experiment every once in a while and throw something different in. Maybe once a year, or every other year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have never changed shafts in irons. Always move on to something else rather than reshaftin.

I have never just changed shafts. I just ordered new irons and don’t think I will be swapping them anytime soon!

Very very rarely. I’m thinking maybe once or twice in their life time but irons don’t stand a chance in my bag regardless of the shaft.

Never. I'm on my 6th set of iron since 1980 and two of those that I played from 2013-207 had KBS shafts. My other four sets have all had DG.

Usually only when I change irons.

Wow, guess I’m in the minority here. I think the longevity of these irons has been how they’ve performed with the different shafts (not the AMT, those were gross lol)

When I think I need different shafts, I buy new irons after a fitting.
I do my best to get what I need the 1st time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rarely I just get new irons instead

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

same thing happens when you need to replace the grips
Or....keep ripping up gloves cause I'm lazy.

But I do continue to look for cbx irons on eBay weekly

Or....keep ripping up gloves cause I'm lazy.

But I do continue to look for cbx irons on eBay weekly

you'd think they would be a cheaper buy now.

you'd think they would be a cheaper buy now.
Thought they would drop with the new releases but prices pretty flat still

I’m on my 2nd set of shafts in my 585’s
My Cf16’s probably had 3 sets of shafts in them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once you know what type of head you should be in the shaft becomes more important. Fit the style of head (CG position for launch and spin), then determine what shaft you should be in. Then the shaft never changes and if you change heads you stick with the same style/category.

Only have changed iron shafts once and that was on my Srixon combo set I have as I got a good deal on used set but I wanted the heads to swapped shafts installing some recoils I bought on the THP BST. Otherwise, I’ll just move onto newer irons with a shaft I want. Sometimes works, sometimes not.

1 time in 40 years. And I put back in the shafts I took out within a month.

Not very often. If I find a shaft that performs with the head, I usually stick with it. That being said, if I don't like the results, I will swap the shaft until I find something to my liking.

I haven't had a set of irons long enough to get the urge to swap out the shafts. We will see, as time moves on, if that changes or not.

Reactions: Ooo
I have never changed shafts in irons, but I really wanted to do so on my Hot Metal, but I could never find a set of shafts that the purchase and the cost installing them was cost effective in my mind. I would still consider doing it if I find the right shafts at the right price.

Nope, this doesnt compute.
New shafts means time for new irons.

Back