How often do you change your woods?

Bryndom

2023 Grandaddy X!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 15
Do you switch woods and hybrids due to weather, time, boredom, or something else?

I’m constantly adding a fairway wood in and out of my bag and mixing around my hybrid makeup. I just can’t seem to settle in on my 200-180 yd clubs.

I’m playing an F8+ Driver and an Alpha 816 3w.

So as much crap as I buy I don’t really change up woods often. That 816 3w+ hits the ball as low as I’ve ever hit a FW (a good thing) with the proper weight setup and playing a LH adapter to get it down to 12*.

I like the F8+. Low enough spin and with the CNC face I know exactly how bad my contact was.

I’ve had an on/off relationship with fairway woods that is currently off. Ever since I started using a driver again I can’t hit my 3 wood to save my life. I actually just put it in a shipment yesterday of trade in stuff bound for Rock Bottom.

As far as hybrids go, I’m still using the Cleveland Mashies that were the first hybrids I could actually hit. I’ve tried others since, but can’t seem to kick the Mashies out of my bag. I’m eyeing a VKTR+, though.

I do not currently. I only have my standard driver, 3 wood, 3 hybrid setup.

I have a 3w and a 5w that have no competition with other clubs to come in or out of the bag and stay regardless of weather. I haven't changed my 5w for two years and have no plans to until December. 3w was changed last year and it was an absolute revolving door before that trying to find one that I got along with. Found one that really works now with have no plans to replace it until December as well.

My 5W, SH and 5H are set in the bag. I don't have any other clubs I'd change them out for.

I've been known to swap between a hybrid and UT, 2 different drivers, or a certain 3W based on layout and/or conditions. The clubs that stay the longest seem to be the one I'm not inspired to do that with though.

In the past, I've kept fwys and hybrids for 3 yrs. I may change shafts of those clubs a couple of times.

But now, I have two sets of fwys and hybrids - only use a 4H but have Sim Max and TEE. Fwys are SIM Ti and TEE, and that Mizuno STZ 5 wd is the best looking fwy I've seen in years ... on the radar.

I plan on playing a lot this year.:)

Not too often, I'm set now with the TS and TSi woods for a few years. In 20 years, I've had:
Titleist PT
Titleist 975
KZG
Callaway X2 Hot
And Cleveland launcher series.

Last edited:
I have 3 fairway woods: 17º, 21º, and 25º. I don't plan on making any changes.

Still playing my rogue 4w, but upped the hybrid from the 2016 apex to the mavrik.. still getting to know it on that one since I don't use it much

I used to swap woods and hybrids every year at a minimum. However, I bought my Mizunos 2 years ago and I'm still happy with them. My "normal" setup includes Mizuno ST190 3w & 5w, with Mizuno CLK 4 & 5 hybrids. When the summer is at its hottest point, I might exchange the 5w for a Callaway X2Hot 3 hybrid. Other than that mid-summer adjustment, I don't really see that my woods changing anytime soon.

Then again, I wasn't planning on a new driver either before I bought my G425 Max. :unsure:

I played a 2h, 3h,4h, 5h for years couldn't find anything better. Then went to a 5 fw strong and a 7 fw strong and then irons. Tried going back to hybrids, but didn't work. Going to reshaft the 5 and 7 fw to refresh them.

Back