How often do you hit the green on par 3’s?

How often are you on the green after your tee shot on par 3’s?

• 0-20%

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • 21-40%

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • 41-60%

Votes: 30 40.0%
  • 61-80%

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • 81-100%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don’t know why I started this thread. I knew it wasn’t going to make me feel good 😆
Much like a par 3 , hopes and optimism high , and shortly but suddenly the goal seems further away …. :ROFLMAO:

For me it's totally dependent on length. If I think about the par threes at my home course:
Woods 2/Lakes 2 approx 110 yards - 80% or greater
Woods 5/Lakes 5/Hills 3 approx 160 yards - 20% of the time
Hills 8 approx 200 yards <5% of the time

For me the sweet spot is 135 yards or less.

GIR% on par 3s has pretty much always been something I do significantly better than my HC would indicate. Right around 50% give or take. Looking back through the 12 rounds I've played this month I'm 58.5% GIR on par 3s (31/53) per Garmin Golf. BUT my ball striking has been a little better than normal lately so take that FWIW.

Last edited:
I practice 110 yards shots to a 10' foot diameter green/flag. 65% of my shots are either on the practice green, or with in 5' feet of the green. So, with in 5 yards of the practice flag.

Do I hit this percentage when playing? Hardly, even though the greens are larger. Problem is, they're usually twice as far, and I'm not making the same swing, hitting repetitive shots.

When playing, I probably hit par 3 greens 25% +/- of the time. Near misses, are another 30% +/-. (55%+/-)

It really depends on the size of the green.

about the best I've seen this year is 75% in a round but seems on those days my driving, chipping or putting is eratic. Give me a day when I hit 10 fairways with the driver and I might only hit a single par 3 green. hard to get it all moving right

Par threes are one of my strengths. Perfect lie on a tee every time. No hitting out of the rough, no uneven lies, no tree trouble and It’s more often than not a mid iron which are my favorite clubs to hit. My normal round is at least 2 out of 4, many times I’ll hit 3 or even 4 out of 4.

Never enough.

My last 10 rounds have me at 63% GIR for par 3's which is higher than i thought it would be. I am averaging 58% over my last 20 rounds.

At Iron Valley, I am at 60%. I have gotten better at #5 and #17, but hitting hole 8 feels like pure chance.

I chose 21% - 40% and would guess it's around 25%. My overall GIR percentage is 22% and I play par 3's better than I do 4's and 5's. The par 3's from the tees I play are generally 125 -150 yards.

I don't know how to narrow my GIR stats In GameGolf down to par 3's only, but when I filter my approach data from the Tee Box and the Range between 125 - 175 yards, I'm within 15 yards to the center of the green 53% of the time. Not nearly the same as GIR, but it gives me an idea I'm hitting closer on par 3's.

On my last round I hit all 4 par 3's.... and failed to break 100 during the round.:mad:

Arccos is showing me at about 55% GiR for approach shots, but I can't figure out if it's possible to filter than down to just par 3s. I would say probably 40-50% probably? Although most likely considerably less just at the minute...

Completely a guess, but I would say about 50%.

I believe im right around 55%? Not great, but three of our 3’s usually play 190+

Back