How often do you hit the green on par 3’s?

How often are you on the green after your tee shot on par 3’s?

• 0-20%

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • 21-40%

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • 41-60%

Votes: 30 40.0%
  • 61-80%

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • 81-100%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Good question and I just realized that Shot Scope does not track that (unless I just don't know where to look in the stats).

Of our four par 3s, one is 200+ yards, one is 180+ yards, and the other two are ~150 yards. I expect to hit the green on the two 150-yarders and am happy if I can hit the other two, especially the 200+-yarder.

One of my personal "keys to a lower score" is to be, collectively, even par or better on the par 3s each round. And, sure enough, the low scores of the year are the ones where I was able to do so.

Gut feeling says I'm in the 41%-60% range.

I don’t know why I started this thread. I knew it wasn’t going to make me feel good 😆
Lol By looking at your distribution, the quickest solution would be to aim and club for the back right quadrant more.

Lol By looking at your distribution, the quickest solution would be to aim and club for the back right quadrant more.
That’s actually something I’ve been more conscious of. Amongst my other swing issues, I’ve gotten a bit distracted from proper strategy.

40% for me over my last 20 rounds. Unfortunately, my home course has several of its par 3's in the 176-200 range.

1632420265437.png

On my two home courses, where I have played pretty much all my golf this year, I am hitting 47% of par 3 greens.

Most recently, I have hit 9 of my last 20. Just under 50%.

If you swipe left once more does it show par 3 greens for you, or no?

Well it says 35% on par 3's on that screen, what are you looking for?

0-20% is my vote.

Well it says 35% on par 3's on that screen, what are you looking for?
Nothing, just to get you to that screen. That's what @RealPretendPsychic was asking about here (par 3 greens), and I just didn't know if it gave you that on thegrint or not. I've been pro on there over so many changes and updates that I really don't know what they've taken away or are offering the regular grinters. 👍

I would say par 3's are where I lose most of my strokes. If playing well, you can see that in my par 3 scores.

I'll take 41-60 because Not often enough is not available.

At my home course from the gold tees I'm probably at 10 percent or less haha.

Likely around 40% of the time every time.

Nothing, just to get you to that screen. That's what @RealPretendPsychic was asking about here (par 3 greens), and I just didn't know if it gave you that on thegrint or not. I've been pro on there over so many changes and updates that I really don't know what they've taken away or are offering the regular grinters. 👍

Yep I still have those stats. They are taking things away here and there though...

I voted 21-40%

Until July, I was hitting most of the greens during our monthly league tournaments and usually in the running for closest to the pin (worth 1 point each time) . I've been 1 point back from the overall leader since July and now I can't even hit the green. :banghead:

Yes, the hardest part of golf is between the ears.

I don't have stats but I'm guessing I'm in the low to mid 60's range.

I'm at 18% and climbing. Feel better?

Since GHIN shows my GIR% as 23% and I don't have stats more specific for par 3s, I voted 0-20%.

I’m usually a pretty good short iron player and most par 3’s I play are short so probably 50%. I don’t keep stats though so it might be 40% or it might be 60%. Seems about half the time I’m on.

Man so much depends on the course for me. There are some courses where I seem to hit most, and others where they are some of the absolute hardest holes. Id guess maybe 60%?

This is another "it depends" question. Our course has small high greens. We have one par 3 that runs about 175+ depending on pin location. I probably grab it 1 out of 3 times. We have another that is around 140-150 and I can often get that one about 50%.

I don't have that stat but I think I'm between 20-40% depending on the course. I know the last two rounds at Torrey North I was 3 of 8 but that's a pretty small sample size.

I play quite a number of differing courses , and the varying lengths of them are quite broad , between (120y to 220 y) additionally being in a coastal wind frequented city does not help lol
Within our social golf club lam regularly successful at claiming nearest the pin prizes on par 3s

Back