How often do you need to practice/play per week to play your best?

I would say 2-3 times a week.
As well as a bucket before, and 15 minutes on putting green almost guarantees a few stokes off, I would say confidently.

I play 3-4 times a week and my game fluctuates up and down. I'm making very gradual improvement, so it's at least close to my sweet spot. Ideally I'd spend another day or two practicing - especially short game, because it's so easy to lose touch and confidence at that.

Other than putting and short game, I’m not big on practice. Warm up before a round by hitting about 10 balls.

I try and practice on the course. Too much ranger time get me thinking I’m Butch Harmon and can fix my own swing. For some reason when I practice on the course I’m less technical.

Practice twice, play once. More than that I feel like I'm getting overloaded with golf.

When I was posting scores I used tp practice 2-3 times a week and play at least 3 times a week. I also hit some balls before playing that day just to get my timing not to try and practice something I was working on at the time.

If I play at least once a week and some range time once a week, my game holds together.

If I play 4-times a week I can get my game pretty consistent. But reality is I only play on the weekends right now,,,okay but not as consistent as i would like to be.

Anything less than twice a week and my game starts to suffer. I think 3 times a week is the sweet spot.

I'd say practice 5 days, play 3 would result in serious improvement

Back