How often do you play at your "home course" versus other courses?

Nerdy

Revenge of the Nerds!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
OH weather
If you are a member somewhere, or just have a local course you claim as your home course, how often do you play there versus venturing out to other courses?

2:1 in holes played.

I have two home courses(one had 27 holes open last year and will be 45 holes by next summer) and they were about 80 of my 97 rounds rounds last year.

Not really a home course per say, but the closest course to me gets probably about 30% of golf holes just due to proximity. Easiy to sneak in 9 there, but not my preferred golfing location.

I am not a member at my "home" course but I say I play it most in my rotation. During the summer I play it almost exclusively because of the bargain. Now that I am back in my leagues my courses will vary a lot this year. 4 rounds/4 courses this year. Need to get out more for fun

My home course doesn't get a ton more play from me than any other course around here. It's where I go for a quick 9, but if I'm playing 18, anything is fair game

2:1 in holes played.

Probably about the same here.

If my previous home course re-opens (it was shuttered 5 years ago and then purchased last year more for the function hall than the course) then I'll probably play the bulk of my rounds there.

10:1

My home course is awesome, so usually only play other courses when traveling or vacationing.

During the winter? Probably 99:1, I know how much it costs every time and it’s not the winter rates other courses charge. I could play my course a few times over for the price others charge :/

At least 95% of my rounds are at my home course. It is a 27 hole municipal facility with a very affordable membership rate.

I would say 50% of my rounds are at my home course that I have a membership to. Another 25% would be my second home course FIL's CC. That leaves 25% random courses picked either for deals, never been to or trips.

Last year was about 50/50. Looking to play closer to 75% of my rounds at my home course this year.

I generally play my home course for 40-50% of my rounds

I have an unlimited golf membership at my club, so 80-90% of my rounds are played there. Especially during the winter when all the courses down here are charging prime rates, it doesn't make sense to go pay to play somewhere else when my golf is already paid for at my club. And they have 36 holes, so I get at least a little variety.

I would have to say that i play 3:1

Last few years I have not had a membership. for 2021 I had 30% of my rounds at three courses and 70% at 48 others.

Fortunately, my home course has two 18 hole courses. I predominantly play at my home club.

I'd say 8 out of 10 rounds are at my home course. 8 minutes away and its fun & challenging & a good value.

2 weeks at home, 1 week away

Probably 90% of my rounds were at my home course. It's easier to get on for a quick 9 than the other local course. Beyond that, I have to travel out of town for another option. My home course is fun and challenging, so it's all good. When it warms up, I'll make time to play a few different courses, just to add variety.

Of scores I could post, 22 of 35 were at my home courses (we have 2 at our club). I played a bunch of extra golf that I couldn't post.

Basically 100% at my "home" course. I have a yearly golf membership and it is virtually 5-10 minutes from my house.

I played ONE round away from my club this past season..
It reciprocated a member guest that was played at my own club.
Those were my only two organized rounds of the year, and a member guest is more social than competitive.
All the rest was social and recreational golf, which is what I enjoy.

There was a public course northwest of the city that I loved and tried to play a couple of times each summer, but it closed down, sold to developers.

I also used to play some rounds with my ex-son-in-law at the George Wright course right in the city, but now he's my ex-son-in-law and doesn't call much!

Last edited:
10:1 most at public course and the other at a relative's private course. Life is good.

Old School Golfer

Back