How Often Do You Play?

2-3 times per week plus practice time.

Twice a week. Saturday and Sunday.

Not often enough or anywhere near as much as I want to.

I am once a week in the Fall and Spring due to work, 2-3 during the week. This summer I've only played 9 rounds the last two months due to vacation and bad weather. Only home for part of a week at the end of June.

Weekly, with an occasional bonus holiday round.

Generally no more than twice a day ;-)

If we are defining “playing” as doing SOMETHING golf - 9 holes, 18, range, chip or putt - then I play every d@mn day.

If we are defining it as playing golf shots on golf holes… weather permitting (which, to me, means above freezing, no snow/ice, no standing water, no lightning), here’s my week:

Monday - 9 hole league
Tuesday - practice
Wednesday - 9 hole league
Thursday - practice
Friday - 18 holes somewhere
Saturday - 18 holes at dawn
Sunday - 18 holes at dawn

Unfortunately usually only once per week these days.

Over the past month or so I've been going at least 1 time per week. I go to the range 3-4 times a week. Wish I could flip-flop that. Start of next season I'm getting a membership to a club less than 5 minutes away. Plan on playing every other morning then.

Currently a twice a week golfer

League on Tuesday afternoons

I try to get out 2-3 more times super early in the morning but work has been getting in the way - darn calls with clients in Europe.

I've logged 8 rounds in the last year, so 18 holes every 1.5 months

Roughly once a month so far this year, due to various circumstances.

That's going to change the rest of this year, though -- 3 times in the last 10 days!

2-3 times a week. Play 18 holes on the weekend and 9 holes on weekdays.

Twice a week most weeks. Now if I could get myself to practice twice a week as well.

Average running about 2X a week over past several years. Last year was my highest ever, > 2.5X a week.

2-3x per month. Try to hit the range 2x per week.

Our season is so short so I’ve been playing virtually daily since May. Missed a couple days because of lightning, but other than that I’ve got at least 9 holes in.

Maybe 1 or two times every other month or so.

not nearly enough. I am trying to get back to once a week.

I usually play 4 18-hole rounds per week year round - Monday, Wednesday, Friday and men's club on Saturday. I occasionally miss days when something else comes up. Today was my 100th round of the year and we're 29 weeks in, so that puts me averaging 3.44 rounds per week so far this year.

Last edited:
I play 2-5 times a month. It’s year round so this year I hope to get 35 rounds in.

Like to play twice a week but we have moved in the summer months to the NC coast and it costs more so I might have to cut back to once a week. Seem to play better if I can get in two rounds. Between Wilmington and Jacksonville. Closest course is $79 so that eliminates that.

what course is closest to you?

3 to 4 times per week, about 180 annually.

North Shore, Sneads Ferry. Looks nice but not that nice.

Play twice a week, weather permitting. Can't handle the heat or cold anymore, early in summer because of heat.

Last edited:
Back