How Often For Full Remake?

interesting topic. I honestly wouldn't know what time frame to put..

If I understood the premise correctly, then almost never. I bought an entire new bag of equipment three years ago, when I took up golf again after a 7 year hiatus. The only time since then where everything turned over at once was when I came with an entirely new bag of equipment (except the putter) for the Morgan Cup. However, I regularly have equipment going in and out of the bag.

The last time was the 2015 Grandaddy. Some changes were made over the years, but I just finished building my bag top to bottom again this year, so every 4 years?

I change things way too often. I think I've played more irons than I probably should ever think. Putters go in timeout very quickly.

Whole bag, I would do every 4-5 years. I might change a club here or there in between, but in my mind 4-5 years makes me feel I got my money's worth. As my financial situation gets better I might look at 2-3 year but couldn't see changing out any sooner than that except for an event.

I just redid my bag after about 5 years or more. I'm still not sure about my newest putter though.

Probably too often, although I've persisted with this putter for some time now (minus a couple vacations).

Not sure I have a time. Guess we'll see how next year goes lol

I hadn't done mine in a long time before the summer of 2017. I was starting to get past the young kid phase of our family and getting a bit more time to play golf so I decided on some new irons. Then I won my fantasy football league and got wedges and a driver. I bought a hybrid after that. I tried to switch around my irons, but I ended up back with Hot Metals which is what I had originally purchased in 2017. This fall I added a couple of new fairway woods to the mix.

Top to bottom, it was probably 4 years for me. There were just clubs I couldn't kick out of the bag. I don't see that happening for a long time with the current setup. I love every club in the bag.

The putter is normally the only thing keeping my bag from a full turnover. In the past, I would say 3-6 months. My superintendent at my club now comments on the club changes... he has caught on so god knows everyone else has. I think this might be the year that breaks the trend.

Only one full remake compliments of my bride 20 years ago. Been thru many drivers and putters since then. A handful of fairways, hybrids and wedges. And 3 sets of irons since then... have said later this year I'd like to get a new set of irons but do it right with a fitting when my swing is actually in a good place.

all 14? never. not one time. the most clubs i've ever purchased was this year. driver, 3w, irons, wedges. but 5w, 3h and putter stayed the same.

I’m a month away from a full bag turn over including the bag. It will be right at 2 years from start to finish.

Last turn over was all 14 when my clubs were stolen. I prefer the longer method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in the process of redoing my whole bag this season, it is the first time in five years that I have done a full change out. I used to change the bag every season with the exception of the putter.

Probably a couple years. Unless I attend a THP event with irons it might be a few years before those change. Wedges will probably be next.

I keep irons a long time but normally buy a new driver and putter or two every year. I also love to have new wedges every year. I’ll guess that my Srixon irons that I’ve played the last two seasons will stay in my bag another 3-5 years. I’ve tried many of the newer driver’s but nothing I’ve tested is anything but a couple yards longer than my Epic SZ so that will likely be my gamer for the next couple years.

I've never done the whole bag at once. I generally keep fairway woods for at least 2 season. I have done irons every year for the last 3 years.

Im in the process of redoing the whole bag this year. Last time I did a full remake was in 2012 or 2013. So far this year, I have the irons, wedges and 1 hybrid. Need to get a new FW or HYB, putter and driver. Although, I am debating on the driver, since I am still hitting the old Amp Cell Pro well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

How often do you think your full bag gets made over? Meaning every club is changed at one time interval, since obviously most don't do it all at once. Except at THP Events, where some come with full bags of equipment.

At this point every year lol. It's crazy - I was swapping out facets of my bag and content with what worked and what I was gaming, however I've gone full refresh the past season in a half a couple of times and it's going to happen again next year - I love being able to play the newest and greatest though - it's fun to swap things out and see how the tech improves year over year

take out the THP events. I don't know if I've ever done it. Not all 14 in a year.

Just about 1x per year for the past 5 years.

I plan on keeping the current bag for the foreseeable future.

Started with a Adam's box set. Two years later I put together my first bag. Five years later, I'm doing it all over again.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Never. I am always happy with some if not most of my bag so I never think about full make overs.

My complete bag overhaul this year was the first club(s) I've purchased since 2013, but only I was a broke college student or paying off student loans during those years lol

I can't guarantee I won't be replacing clubs or shafts more frequently now as technology is constantly improving.

Last edited:
I'd say every 6 years or so it gets cycled out. Most likely will get some new wedges soon

Back