How old of a club are you willing to use?

mjkladis

"CLETUS"
Reaction score
Handicap
I saw a Twitter conversation with Vrska about Adams hybrids and it really got me thinking.

How old of a club would you be willing to put in the bag? Do you have an older model club that just can’t be beat by anything new?

I personally wouldn’t mind finding an Idea A12 Pro hybrid to fill a gap in my bag. The shape and performance of that hybrid was basically perfect when I tried one years ago.

Age of club doesn’t bother me - performance does. I’ve got a set of MP-57 irons (2007) on the way that I’m going to try with the hope that they can replace my current gamers (2015).

Age of club doesn’t bother me - performance does. I’ve got a set of MP-57 irons (2007) on the way that I’m going to try with the hope that they can replace my current gamers (2015).

my last few rounds with my 565s, burner 2.0s and the nike forged pros tell me that I can work with stuff from the last 20'ish years and be okay if my swing is right...indigenous person, not the arrow...right @OldandStiff :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

i'm willing to use whatever works...

This. This. One thousand time... THIS!

My kid is playing a Taylormade 4wd from c.1995 and destroying it. I'll have to look it up and see how old it really is.

If it performs, I don't care how old it is. I've professed my love for them many times before, but I wouldn't mind having a set of Ping Eye 2 irons to take out once in a while.

my last few rounds with my 565s, burner 2.0s and the nike forged pros tell me that I can work with stuff from the last 20'ish years and be okay if my swing is right...

So you got out and swung the Nike Forged already?! How did they feel? Or did you already post that elsewhere and I missed it?

This. This. One thousand time... THIS!

My kid is playing a Taylormade 4wd from c.1995 and destroying it. I'll have to look it up and see how old it really is.

after hitting the burner 2.0s, nike forged pros and my beloved 565s the last few rounds (all with different shafts), I have my own, firsthand experience to tell me that new doesn't necessarily mean better. now I need to decide which shafts fit best...

So you got out and swung the Nike Forged already?! How did they feel? Or did you already post that elsewhere and I missed it?
I was wondering the same thing, had been looking for @chile to report on them.

I swung them the other day... as concerned as I was when it came to the bladed irons (8i-PW), I hit them pretty good...they weren't as unforgiving as I thought.

see above...I still need to play them a few rounds...but i'm not "scared" of them after the first round with them.

I swung them the other day... as concerned as I was when it came to the bladed irons (8i-PW), I hit them pretty good...they weren't as unforgiving as I thought.
Haha! I think that I’ll be happy with that summary too... not as unforgiving as I thought.

i am pondering putting recoils in the nikes...but i am feeling like heavier shafts are better for me...i'll need a few rounds.

i am pondering putting recoils in the nikes...but i am feeling like heavier shafts are better for me...i'll need a few rounds.
I’m putting Recoils into my MP-57’s.

@chile is secretly a beast that plays tour steel in his blades and hits 240 yard hybrids, he just doesn't want anyone to actually find out.

If it still looks good and plays good it's all good with me. My 25 year old Big Bertha still has game.

Last edited:
@chile is secretly a beast that plays tour steel in his blades and hits 240 yard hybrids, he just doesn't want anyone to actually find out.
I think he's sandbagging us! :LOL:

100% truth. hit the 3H 240 today...with roll out, of course...but I chuckled at the grandiosity of it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think he's sandbagging us! :LOL:

my scoring dictates otherwise...i honestly thought after the first 7 holes, i was on my way to a breakthrough round...the golf gods decided otherwise 😑😢

I would hit hickory if it played better for me.

Whatever gets it in the hole with the least amount of shots. Having said that, I do love new shiny things...

Age has no bearing onanything. If it is useful to my game I am playing it.

It would take a lot to get me to use a non 818 H2 hybrid right now. I am hitting them beautifully.

Back