How old when you started playing golf?

On my 27th birthday, got a cheap started set as a gift. It was something for my brother, Dad and I to do together. I had quit playing volleyball so I needed something to fill my summers. Lots of good memories that last 20 years on the course.

I was probably 22 when I got my first box set from Dick's.

twenty, but was not serious until I retired almost thirty years later in 1990.

Definitely before middle school, I think around 10-12 years of age. Such a fun time during the summer with the course being so close, and and parents willing to drive me there a few times a week.

17 years young

This is me around 4 years of age. Cut down driver that belonged to my dad. Wonder what happened to that club?
7ae2595bfacab9c899c9baec758d6d06.jpg

Started young, around 10-11, fell away from the game due to Hockey taking over my life, came back to golf around 24-25. About that same time I called it quits for beer league hockey, finally had to accept that I wasn't going to make it to the NHL. ;)

I was introduced to it around 13 or 14, but didn't keep it up. I'd say I only really started playing golf in when I was 34.

I’m curious, how old were you when you started really playing the game?
19. I saw golf on TV, thought that it looked like fun, borrowed my neibor's set of vintage Hogans (including the leather staff bag) and headed to the local par 3 course. As they say, the rest is history.

started one year after I opened my business in August of 1985 for business purposes.
And then I was hooked.
Now its my vice. Better then hooker or coke, but still....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First golf lessons: Al Sandrini @ Kern City golf course, Bakersfield, CA. when I was about 6. 1967. Dad would take me with him to the range and sometimes when he played.
Second lessons: Johnny Anselmo at Royal Palms in Bakersfield CA around the same period. My mom's best friend was married to him and and me and her son were buddies.
Mr. Anselmo later moved to Cypress, Ca and was Tiger's first teacher.
I only played a bit through high school as I was busy surfing and on the weekends, but played with my dad about every 6 weeks. Managed to always break 100 with and occaisional 88 or 90, playing within the rules.
Started playing more seriously in my early 30's after I finished college and actually made a bit more $$.

47..lol. I turn 50 in October so this is my 4th year playing. I’m a 17 index playing to a 20HC at my course from 6,100 yards. I’m hoping to get down to as close to 10 as I can get this year. I have lots of fun and have many friends at the CC I joined. I love this game.

12 for me. Hooked after 1 day.

Back